Get under the skin of this fascinating South Asian country whilst being immersed in nature; this trip is definitely for the more active and inquisitive traveller. Known as 'the land of the peaceful dragon' Bhutan boasts fascinating temples, flowing rivers, mountains and forests and is a nature lover's paradise. It's people are deeply religious; the influence of Buddhism abounds - visit the monasteries plus witness the local, distinctive houses native to the region. You'll travel between Thimphu, Gangtey, Khotaka, Punakha before ending back in Paro. You will experience both city and countryside life. After immersing yourself in the tradition and history of Thimphu you will journey on via valleys, mountain ranges and passes and enjoy hiking and walking trails all enroute truly allowing you to explore the majestic beauty of this land. You'll also enjoy two nights in a tented camp in Khotaka; a glacial valley of pine forests and home to sacred sites. Going Via Punakha and ending in Paro then allows you a multitude of more opportunities to enjoy the unique architecture and spellbinding nature.
This is a true once in a lifetime trip to one of the world’s most unique countries; opportunities for nature and stunning scenery are endless and mean this is a trip you won’t forget.
Get in touch
- Fly into Paro, where you will then be transferred by road to Thimphu; your base for 2 nights and the capital city
- During your time in Thimphu you will hike to an ancient monastery and visit local handicrafts stores and arts and crafts schools.
- You will then be privately transferred to Gangtey for 2 nights to spend time enjoying more stunning scenery on some fascinating hikes.
- After enjoying the nature trails in Gangtey you will be driven on to Khotokha for 2 nights in a tented camp enjoying the sacred monasteries around the area
- Journeying on you will arrive into Punakha where you will admire the beautiful remote villages and majestic views
- You will end in Paro for 2 nights where you will spend time participating in more stunning hikes and nature trails