15 nights/16 days itinerary in Brazil
Brazil in Depth
for 2 adults
This trip really gives you a fantastically in depth experience to this huge and varied country. It takes in its two most famous cities- the powerhouse of Sao Paulo combined with the glorious sights of iconic Rio De Janeiro. You will tick off one of the world’s most famous natural wonders in Iguazu Falls and also soak up the sights and sounds of the Amazon rainforest for four nights as well as visiting the heart of the Pantanal. The Pantanal is home to some fascinating wildlife and is home to the world’s largest tropical wetland area as well as varied wildlife such as jaguars, monkeys and Capybaras. We recommend combining both the Amazon and the Pantanal if you have the opportunity as that way you will get to experience both the steamy jungle atmosphere of the Amazon but you will be able to explore the wildlife opportunities of the Pantanal; not so prominent in the Amazon. This trip really does have it all; both Brazil’s major cities and the stunning falls plus twin attractions of the Pantanal and the Amazon.
- Experience the true size of Sao Paulo; this is Brazil’s financial powerhouse and one of the world’s most heavily populated cities with lively shopping districts and wonderful bars and restaurants
- You will fly on to Iguacu Falls and spend two nights next to one of the planet’s most stunning natural wonders; the views cannot be bettered
- You’ll journey on to the Pantanal; an area of extreme bio-diversity where you will get to soak up fabulous wildlife viewings and varied flora and fauna
- Your Amazon journey will begin in the Northeast – in the port city of Manaus and where the mighty Amazon meets the Negro and the waters cross
- A very special experience awaits – you will spend 4 nights in Anavilhanas National Park; in the midst of the Amazon rainforest – you will overlook the Rio Negra and the hundreds of islands
- Take a leisurely sail along the Rio Negro on a traditional longboat and enjoy the beautiful scenery
- You will end in world-famous Rio De Janeiro – surely one of the world’s most naturally stunning cities – where glorious beach meets thrilling views from the mountaintops of Sugarloaf and Corcovado
Palacio Tangara, Sao Paulo
Deluxe Room | Including breakfast | 1 night
Surrounded by the glorious tropical gardens of the Burle Marx park; this hotel occupies a prime Sao Paulo location. The gardens add a retreat-like feeling yet you are within easy reach of this vast cities sizeable offering of museums, galleries and world class restaurants. Offering both an indoor and outdoor pool, a brilliant restaurant by renowned chef Jean Georges Vongerichten and a private terrace or balcony from each room – this makes for a perfect beginning to your trip.
Belmond Hotel Das Cataratas, Iguazu Falls
Deluxe Room | Including breakfast | 2 nights
Covering 53 000 hectares this vast lodge is one of the Pantanal’s most accessible with some stand out wildlife viewing opportunities quite literally on your doorstep. Surely one of the most sought after activities is the day and night Jaguar viewing experience; after which you may be lucky enough to get to enjoy one of the property’s traditional barbecues. When not spotting some of the incredible wildlife you can relax in boutique style – the property has only 11 rooms.
Hotel Villa Amazonia, Manaus
Premium Room | Including breakfast | 1 night
This restored mansion boasts well appointed rooms all facing a pretty refuge of an indoor garden. It’s well located being steps from the centre of Manaus and makes for a perfect pitstop before you begin your Amazon tour. Rooms are generously sized and the property has a swimming pool for you to escape the steamy Amazon heat. If you want to explore it is centrally located close to the municipal market.
Anavilhanas Jungle Lodge, Rio Negro
Bungalow | Including breakfast | 4 nights
This is one of the best lodges in the Amazon and is lovingly constructed from local hard wood ensuring it effortlessly blends in to its surroundings. Deep in the heart of jungle its setting contrast wonderfully with the deep blue waters of the Rio Negro. You will also enjoy dining in the restaurant hidden amongst the jungle trees before retreating to one of the stilted chalets for a perfect night’s sleep.
Belmond Copacabana Palace, Rio De Janeiro
Deluxe Oceanview Room | Including breakfast | 3 nights
This is the Grande dame of Rio; it has a vast pedigree stretching back having paid host to scores of Hollywood stars. The style is classical rather than modern and takes advantage of its wonderful position on Copacabana beach. Take advantage of the Belmond friendly service and relax in the showstopping outdoor pool in the courtyard (Rio’s largest) after a day’s sightseeing or enjoy a poolside Caipirinha.
*Price shown does not include flights