7 nights/ 8 days itinerary in France
Bordeaux and Beyond
for 2 adults
Southwestern France, famous for its illustrious Bordeaux wine region, offers visitors a large collection of culinary and cultural experiences. From tasting exclusive wines of the Medoc to marveling at preserved castles from the Middle Ages, your trip will offer an in-depth journey of discovery. Sip, swirl and savor your way through Bordeaux as you indulge in wine tastings, private tours of exclusive cellars, and a lesson in wine blending. No matter your level of knowledge at the start, we have no doubt you will leave an expert by the end. From Bordeaux, travel east into the Dordogne Valley where you’ll step back in time as you explore the prehistoric caves, rolling green hills, historic villages and Medieval castles which can be found in this fascinating region.
- Receive a comprehensive introduction to Bordeaux’s viticulture with an expert wine merchant
- Learn how to make regional specialties at a cooking class in a private chateau
- Taste varieties of caviar at a Sturgeon Farm
- Visit a neighbouring fishing village and sample local oysters
- Learn the technique behind wine blending in a private workshop
- Stop to admire the Castle of Beynac, an impressive and beautifully-preserved structure in the Dordogne Valley
- Walk through the Lascaux Cave to view prehistoric wall paintings
- Descend into the Chasm of Proumeyssac’s “crystal cathedral” to marvel at the striking stalactites and stalagmites
- Soar above the Dordogne Valley in a hot air balloon to take in expansive views
- Visit the food market in Sarlat le Canéda, the picturesque and perhaps most famous of the Medieval towns in this region
InterContinental Bordeaux – Le Grand Hotel
1 Room | B&B Basis | 4 nights
Widely acknowledged as the grand dame of Bordeaux, this hotel’s title is not a misnomer. Located in the heart of town in the city’s main square, Le Grand Hotel provides easy walkable access to the most important sites. The building is an historic landmark dating back to the 1700s, and guests have been welcomed to the hotel since 1902. Its historic character is reflected in traditional décor and sophisticated service.
Vieux Logis Tremolat
1 Room | B&B Basis | 3 nights
Experience the tranquil countryside, during your stay this Relais & Chateaux gem which can be found in the heart of the Dordogne Valley. Gastronomy is at the forefront here, where guests can enjoy an impressive tasting menu in the hotel’s famed dining room, formerly a tobacco drying barn. A favorite getaway of author Henry Miller, this countryside lodge has a storied history and utterly charming atmosphere.
*Price shown does not include flights