8 nights/9 days itinerary in India
Behind the Scenes in Kerala
for 2 adults
Rich in culture and vibrant in colour, Kerala is unlike most places seen before. Graced with tropical beauty, embark on this nine-day journey and visit places never thought imaginable. From chaos to serenity, spend your days in Kerala experiencing cosmopolitan towns and travelling to serenity,where you will be fully immersed and at one with nature. Your journey will begin in one of National Geographic’s ‘50 Greatest Places of a Lifetime’, Kochi; a destination that is filled with culture, history and opulent hotels. After this you will step outside the city and encounter nature in a totally new way. Nature will be an integral part of your trip, whether it be aboard a houseboat that drifts through the enchanting emerald backwaters, during a wellness retreat hidden deep within the rolling hills or as you relax on the shores of the Arabian Sea. Experience this enchanting journey to forgotten pasts where you’ll be enlightened and delighted every step of the way.
- Float downstream on a houseboat and navigate through Kerala’s famed waterways
- Dine on exquisite, fresh seafood such as prawns, crabs, and mussels
- Relax by the calming waters of the Arabian Sea
- Surf waves that unfold on the beautiful shores of Kovalam
- Rejuvenate your mind, body and soul at Niraamaya Retreats Surya Samudra
- Explore a 16th century Dutch Palace and visit the oldest European Church in India and the oldest synagogue in the Commonwealth
- Trek through a 14-acre bird sanctuary nestled within many tiny islands in Kumarakom
- Drift through the tranquil and jungle-clad waterways of Kerala during a sunset boat trip or onboard a floating houseboat
- Recharge and escape modern day stresses at a secluded wellness retreat. Rejuvenate your senses through Traditional Ayurveda, Asian and contemporary International therapies
- Explore ancient monuments and discover architectural delights during a city tour of Kochi, the ‘Queen of the Arabian Sea’
Brunton Boatyard, Kochi
Sea Facing Room | Including Breakfast | 2 Nights
Inspired by its grand colonial past, Brunton Boatyard perfectly reflects a harmonious blend between old and new. From the terracotta floors, louvered shutters, four poster beds and nautical inspired décor, Brunton Boatyard is a celebration of its former self. Not only does Brunton Boatyard pay tribute to its South Indian roots,it is also a melting pot of international influences, and a stay here wouldn’t be complete without dining at its restaurant that includes a menu of 32 cuisines.
Kumarakom Lake Resort, Kumarakom
Luxury Pavilion Room | Including Breakfast | 2 Nights
Set between a cluster of small islands amidst the palm groves and the iconic Kerala waterways is the small town of Kumarakom. Featuring 49 villas across 25 acres of greenery, Kumarakom Lake Resort is famed for being one of India’s best heritage resorts. Here, guests can enjoy anything from sunset cruises, watersports, village walks and holistic spa treatments. Exuding charm and simple luxuries, it comes as no surprise that this hotel was awarded ‘The Best Luxury Resort in India’by ‘Travel + Leisure Magazine’in 2017.
SpiceCoast Houseboat, Allepey
Single Cabin Houseboat | Full Board | 1 Night
An enchanting experience that lets you explore the charming waterways of the Vembanad lake. Discover a forgotten past during your journey and delight in unique encounters with lake residents, all while enjoying close encounters with the inhabitants of the ecosystem on your way. Comfortable, private and intimate, embark on a floating home journey where you will feel completely at one with nature.
Niraamaya Retreats Surya Samudra, Kovalam
Rock Garden Classic Room | Including Breakfast | 3 Nights
Nestled amongst swaying coconut trees, tropical gardens, two idyllic beaches and endless water lily displays lies this beautiful Relais & Châteaux property. Radiating in elegance from a bygone era, this heritage hotel inspires guests to disconnect and to focus on their wellness. Featuring an award-winning Niraamaya Spa which offers a variety of Ayurvedic treatments, guests will have the opportunity to rejuvenate their mind, body and soul during their stay.
*Price shown does not include flights