10 nights/11 days itinerary in Maldives
Middle East & Indian Ocean Highlights
for 2 adults
Fly into Muscat, Oman for the first part of your holiday where you will stay for 3 nights. You will be located a decent 20 minute drive from the downtown area of Muscat and only 45 minutes from the airport for a smooth transfer. Your hotel is located on a bluff with stunning views of the Hajar mountains and the gulf of Oman. Muscat itself is a historic city blending a heady mix of beautiful Portuguese influenced forts, Muscat Harbour, the grand mosque plus high end shopping malls. You will definitely want to spend at least half a day taking in the sights. After enjoying Oman you will fly onto the Maldives in the heart of the Indian Ocean where you will enjoy a week long stay in your hotel in the North Male Atoll, a short speedboat ride away from the airport. The Maldives are a tropical country consisting of some 26 atolls made up of numerous coral islands and boasting wonderful beaches and reefs; justifiably making it famous for snorkelling. This trip gives you a taste of two experiences; from the interesting city of Muscat to deep in the Indian Ocean – this is a trip of contrasts.
- Take a trip into Muscat itself and enjoy a tour of the Grand Mosque combined with a visit to the fish market and the Old Muttrah Souk.
- If you want to venture further afield be sure to see the forts of Nizwa such as the Round Tower fort; easily combined with the souq of Nizwa.
- Once you have seen the Grand Mosque; Muscat holds further treasures – the Royal Opera House and Heritage Gallery are worth visiting as well as the Bait Al Adam Museum
- You will fly on to the Maldives where you will be based for 7 nights; gorgeous beaches and fantastic snorkelling opportunities abound – be sure to take advantage
- If you are feeling more adventurous make sure you explore some of the fantastic dive sites on offer at your hotel such as Shark Point or the Hambadhu ship wreck
- There are a pod of spinner dolphins that live within easy reach of your hotel in the Maldives; take a boat trip to enjoy them in their natural environment
Shangri La’s Barr Al Jissah Resort and Spa, Al Waha, Oman
Superior Room | Including Breakfast | 3 Nights
This is a spacious property which boasts a beautiful location on a secluded headland with shimmering sands highlighted by the Hajar mountains behind. The sprawling resort offers a diving centre, plus dedicated turtle conservation sanctuary as well as amazing spa. The hotel surrounds a pool and gardens and showcases traditional Omani buildings and many of the rooms or suites offer their own private balconies to survey your surroundings.
Huvafen Fushi, Maldives
Beach Bungalow with Pool | Including Breakfast | 7 Nights
This is a stylish and sleek property and one of the most modern in the Maldives. It has only 44 rooms and feels natural and authentic in design. The infinity plus saltwater floatation pools are of particular note as is the well-equipped gym and the underwater spa. There are also a plethora of great dining options on offer from underwater dining in Vinum; the specialist wine cellar to Japanese dining in Feeling Koi.