8 nights, 9 days itinerary in Mexico
The Thunderous Mountains of Oaxaca
for 2 adults
Uncover everything that the country has to offer with this varied and epic journey across Mexico. Immerse yourself in the colourful centre of Oaxaca and unearth the city’s rich tapestry of history and culture. Travel through time as you marvel at the ancient stone structures of Mayan temples and ornate 16th century cathedrals. Explore the vast expanse of the Sierra Norte with hiking trails that lead high into the hills. Breathe in the cool mountain air as you pass underneath cloud forests. Become part of the local community as you are invited into the homes of those who inhabit the hillside, learn about their way of life and their traditional craft methods that have been passed down from generation to generation. Sleep underneath the stars in charming cabins nestled among ancient oaks. End your trip with a stay on the glittering Mexican coastline while you relax on white sands and crystal blue waters.
- Uncover the secrets of the Zapotecs with a guided visit to the ancient capital at the Monte Alban Ruins and marvel at its imposing views over the hillside below
- Delight in a traditional Oaxacan lunch before heading out on your own private tour of the city where you will discover its rich cultural heritage
- Delve further into the history of the area with a visit to the Mitla Ruins and admire the impressive decorative interior of the Templo y Ex-Convento de San Jerónimo
- Immerse yourself in the community with a demonstration on local artistry and the traditional crafting techniques of weaving and dyeing
- Journey through fields of wildflowers and over bubbling streams with a hike through the stunning landscapes of the Sierra Norte
- Ascend higher into the cloud forests of the Sierra Norte to discover rural mountainside villages and unparalleled views across the valleys below
- Sample a home cooked meal as you are welcomed into the household of a local artisan for a traditional lunch
- Bargain and barter like a local as you wind your way around the vibrant stalls of the Ocotlan Market
- Stumble across local villages and beautiful coastline views with a leisurely bike ride alongside the white sands of the Mexican sur
- Listen to the sweet song of native wildlife from the comfort of your kayak with a private excursion across the gentle waves of the Pacific
Hostal de la Noria
Standard Room | Includes Breakfast | 3 Nights
Situated in central Oaxaca, the Hostel de la Noria is the perfect base to explore everything that this lively and historic town has to offer. Hard to miss with its beautiful dusty red façade, this property is one of muted sunset tones and rustic elegance. Relax with a cocktail in the central courtyard surrounded by grand stone archways and enclaves of tropical plants or admire the architectural magnificence of the property with its exposed wooden-beamed ceiling and window shutters.
Community Yu’u Sierra Norte Llano Grande
Standard Room | Includes Breakfast | 1 Night
These charming cabins sit hidden in the stunning natural landscape of the Sierra Norte Mountains. Find comfort and warmth in these rustic accommodations with exposed brick and traditional wooden furniture. Stay inside by the open fire with a warm drink and a blanket, or take in the fresh mountain air with incredible unfolding views of the valleys around you. This is the perfect location to take a well-earned rest after a day of hiking.
Community Yu’u Sierra Norte Latuvi
Standard Room | Includes Breakfast | 1 Night
Sleep amongst the clouds in this mountainside accommodation. Wake up to stunning views across the landscape below and marvel at the local villages perched further down the hillside. Immerse yourself in the country air with a stay in an enchanting cabin, enveloped in the peaks that surround you. Log fires and starry skies await after a demanding summit. Feel at home with the sense of community that has established itself here and give back to nature by supporting local produce.
Standard Room | Half Board | 2 Nights
Nestled on the coastline of the small town of Puerto Escondido, this spectacular property is a beachside haven and a jewel on the coast of Mexico. Constructed from local wood and palm leaves, this boutique hotel is an authentic and charming hideaway rising out of the white sand. Flourishes of traditional Spanish and Mexican design run throughout the property, and a host of vibrant colours make for a relaxed yet chic vibe. Hotel Escondido is a refreshing getaway indeed.
*Price shown does not include flights