3 days/4 nights itinerary in Portugal
for 2 adults
Lisbon is the capital of Portugal and a great choice for this 3 night city break. You will be transferred to your hotel AlmaLusa Baixa / Chiado which will be your base. Lisbon offers beautiful colonial architecture, cobbled streets and hilltop vistas. Check out some bars for the famous traditional Fado music, and be sure to taste a famous custard tart. Much of Lisbon was destroyed in the earthquake of 1755 so was rebuilt in the 18th century - take in the beautiful tiles and red roofs; featured in so many Instagram posts - and climb up the mediaeval streets to the cities pinnacle - Castelo Sao Jorge. Dating back to the 9th century the castle dominates the city with it spread beneath it and visible from all angles. Your hotel is well located in the Chiado district; a traditional shopping area mixing the modern and the traditional and located between the neighbourhoods of Bairro Alto and Baixa Pombalina. You will also enjoy a private half day city centre tour of the city allowing you to make sense of the sights surrounding you. This is a lovely 3 night trip which allows you to relax and soak in the atmosphere of one of Europe’s most accessible and charming capitals.
- Met and transferred from Lisbon airport; you will then reside for 3 nights in AlmaLusa Baixa/Chiado hotel – this is based in a shopping area and is perfectly located for the sights
- Spend your time sightseeing and be sure to take one of Lisbon’s iconic tram rides – a great way to get about this hilly city
- On day 2 you will be met by a private guide who will take you round some of the most famous sights of Lisbon for half a day making sure you see everything you want to
- Lisbon has fast become one of Europe’s most sought after culinary destinations – it offers the finest Michelin dining to more casual offerings – be sure to explore them all
- Sintra is on the outskirts of Lisbon and this hill town to the west with beautiful gardens and woodlands is well worth incorporating into your itinerary
- Your hotel is perfectly located for the Tagus Riverbank as well as the lively Fado bars found in Alfama – don’t forget to explore these
Standard Room | Including Breakfast | 3 Nights
This boutique property offers 28 rooms and is housed in an 18th century building on one of Lisbon's most attractive squares. It is within walking distance of Tagus river and the railway station and is dominated by the vast city hall overlooking it. Every room is different due to protected status of the building and it has an emphasis on Portuguese products in the rooms. There is a great brasserie type restaurant on the ground floor; Delfina - serving local produce.
*Price shown does not include flights