In this beautiful winter wonderland you’ll have the opportunity to explore a peace and tranquility that only Norway can offer. This unique environment is for everyone: from advanced skiers through to those who are just starting out. The groomed trails make it accessible and enjoyable. For those who prefer not to ski, snowshoes make a great alternative. Whether you’re on skis or snowshoes there is the opportunity to see the gentle giant of the forest, the Mountain Elk at home in its natural habitat.
Up to 80 kilometres of groomed trails run through the more sheltered forests of the region, along the picturesque Sjoa River or up into the mountains where the views will stretch for as far as the eye can see. The Sjoa river also provides the opportunity to go ice canyoning, this natural phenomenon with colours with span the rainbow can only be seen in a few chosen places, this being one of them. The area also has the opportunity for Dog sledding, approximately 20 minutes away from the hotel (at additional cost). The hotel’s restaurant has the accolade of being one of the best in the country with a reputation for sustainable and traditional norwegian fare.
Unlike anywhere else on earth this beautiful landscape with enthrall and entrance.
Get in touch
- A full introduction into the region and best practice in this unique environment
- Exploring the snow-covered woods for the shy and gentle wildlife
- A peacefulness and tranquillity which is unmatched, anywhere else in the world
- A trek through the nature reserve with breath-taking views across the valleys
- An evening trek by moonlight to gaze at the beautifully bright stars