Tuscany is home to some of the most incredible landscapes in Italy and the most fertile land. In the heart of Chianti, Castel Monastero sits on some of this land, making it a destination where you can indulge in some of the most delicious gastronomy that has come straight from the earth. Where vineyards are aplenty, cornfields run for miles and chesnut forests stand proudly, Castel Monastero sits amongst it all as lovingly restored monastery. Formerly a Tuscan village, the team behind the hotel have created a rustic retreat where 74 bedrooms centre around the village square. Contemporary Italian design is paired with rustic features, original frescos and restored antique furniture that overlook the surrounding grounds. The exposed beam ceilings are among our favourite features. The authenticity doesn’t end there, with Tuscan cuisine that is curated by Executive Chef, Enrico Marmo across the property’s two gourmet restaurants; Contrada and La Cantina. Contrada is the place for true Italian cuisine, following the culinary traditions that have been in the region for centuries, whilst La Cantina sits in the hotel’s beautifully gothic wine cellar, where Tuscan delights are served in its intimate setting. Taste Tuscany here and discover why it is one of the go-to destination in Europe for fine dining.
- Upgrade on arrival, subject to availability
- Complimentary continental breakfast for two guests per bedroom, served in restaurant
- Welcome in room amenity Castello di Monastero Wine
- USD 100 equivalent hotel credit to be utilised during stay
- Early check-in and late check-out, subject to availability
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
- For stays of 4 nights or more, one complimentary 3 courses lunch in our Tuscan restaurant La Cantina for 2 guest