The Peninsula Shanghai
Built from scratch in 2009 this stunning property is a modern take on Art Deco style. The property is centrally located on a bend on the river and offers fantastic views across the Bund and the futuristic skyline of Pudong. Reminiscent of 1920s Shanghai and the essences of lacquer, dark wood and chrome inside, contribute to this nostalgic feel along with the bellboys in their pill hat uniforms. Although inherently glamorous the hotel offers a homely feel and attentive customer service; there are also the hotel's very own fleet of Rolls Royce’s to take advantage of for trips around the neighbourhood or you can even hire the hotel's own yacht for a private cruise on the river. The hotel offers 235 rooms, 44 of which are suites; we like the Deluxe River room category - where you can glimpse the city through a glass wall.
- Exclusive hotel amenities on arrival
- Daily full breakfast for up to two guests
- "Peninsula Time" flexible check-in and check-out times
- Room upgrade to the next category upon arrival, subject to availability
- Upgraded welcome in-room amenities
- Set lunch or dinner for two at Jing or Huang Ting per room per stay
- And more...