Sotogrande is a place for relaxation. A whisper of serenity sways its olive groves, which ooze between golf courses and soothing stretches of powder-soft sand. Begin a languid stay here with a promenade down the yacht-laced marina, before stopping for a long, lazy lunch at an exclusive beach clubs. Spa treatments are a must; check into the wellness space at just-opened SO/Sotogrande and choose a world-leading treatment from its extensive menu. Those wanting to get a little more active can tee up at a different golf course each day, or else try their hand at polo with the local Santa María Polo Club – however you like to relax, chances are it’s catered for here.
Get in touch
- Hike through Finca Guadalquitón, a country estate turned nature reserve sewn with Cork Oak trees, sand dunes, and clouds of migrating birds.
- Play golf at one of Sotogrande’s world-class courses, including Europe’s number one, Real Club Valderrama.
- Explore Sotogrande beach, making sure to stop for a sundowner at the exclusive La Trocadero beach club.
- Book an olive oil tasting with a local producer to taste Costa Del Sol’s ‘liquid gold’.
- Sail through the Mediterranean on a private boat, keeping your eyes peeled for dolphins.
- Visit Spain’s only private beach at La Reserva, a luxurious restaurant and club set around a manmade lake.
- Watch one of the world’s finest polo clubs in action at Santa María Polo Club; or else try the sport for yourself at a day-long polo clinic.