9 nights/10 days itinerary in Bhutan
From 13,120 AED
for 2 adults
Spanning the Eastern side of the Himalayan Mountain range, Bhutan is a country of sublime natural beauty, unwavering dedication to the national religion and a majesty that is difficult to describe. The dramatic landscape makes it one of the most difficult countries to traverse but if you’re willing to make the effort it is incredibly rewarding. The governmental restrictions surrounding tourism in Bhutan mean that it is not overwhelmed by backpackers and tourists, making a journey through this land more exclusive and ultimately more luxurious. There is a calmness and a kindness here, and with a national focus on Gross Domestic Happiness, it is easy to come away feeling immersed in an entirely new culture.
- Witness contrasts in climate of this mountainous country as you hike through the glacial Phobjikha valley
- Spot the protective phallic sculptures and paintings that adorn many doorways dedicated to the ‘the Divine Madman’
- Admire the sublime views of the countless valleys and marvel at the black mountains
- Search for the elusive black necked cranes nesting in the forests at the Black Necked Crane Information Centre
- Marvel at Bhutan’s most majestic Dzong’s that were built to protect the land from evil spirits, most notably Bhutan’s first, the Simtokha Dzong
- Pay homage to the monumental, 51.5-metre-high bronze and gold Buddha Dordenma that overlooks the Thimphu Valley
- Visit the National Library of Bhutan and immerse yourself in the history and culture of this spiritual nation and understand the deep roots of the origins of Buddhism
Deluxe Room | Full Board | 2 Nights
Framed by the surrounding forest covered mountains, the Taj Tashi is nestled in one of Bhutan’s many majestic valleys. This hotel’s dedication to demonstrating the very best of Bhutanese culture through the traditional dzong inspired architecture and authentic culinary delights, make your first nights here magical. Gaze out over the valley as you relax on a rooftop daybed or indulge in dinner with a sublime mountain view.
COMO Uma Punakha
Valley View | Full Board | 2 Nights
The COMO brand has always prided themselves on their commitment to wellness, so it is only right to have a hotel in the land of spirituality and mindfulness. The COMO Uma Punakha is the embodiment of luxury within this Himalayan Kingdom. Their bedrooms, that are decorated simply and cleanly, have floor to ceiling windows that look out over the valley for you to feel at one with the nature that surrounds you. Whilst you stay here you are actively encouraged to enjoy the spa treatments that use ancient techniques to bring you to ultimate relaxation and comfort.
Farmhouse Suite | Full Board | 2 Nights
The Gangtey Lodge prides itself on its remote location in one of the most secluded countries in the world, and their 12 luxury lodges provide intimate access to Gangtey Valley and the people who call it home. The simply designed farmhouses are warm and welcoming with roaring fires and inviting standalone bathtubs that will warm your core after a day of hiking in the mountains.
Valley View | Full Board | 3 Nights
A contrast to its sister property in the Punkha Valley, the COMO Uma Paro’s more contemporary style is an authentic piece of luxury in the Paro Valley. Tucked away on the forest floor, there is a tranquility that envelopes you when you stay here. Traditional whitewashed walls offer serenity whilst handcrafted furnishings give the property individuality and character. Feel yourself unwind and appreciate the mindful calm that Bhutan is famous for.
*Price shown does not include flights