Fez is an ancient North African foundation. The walls of its medina are one of the oldest UNESCO world heritage sites in Africa and the university is the oldest in the world. This 4-day city break combines modern luxury with North African flare.
Although the political capital of Morocco was transferred to Rabat in the early twentieth century, Fez has retained its status as the country's cultural capital. Enjoy a guided tour of Fez’s beguiling medina. Created at the crossroads of two caravan routes it was, and still is, a bustling cultural centre. Walk the narrow streets, discover hidden palaces, sample spices and venture deep into the tanneries. Walk through the web of historic building, music and overloaded shops. Retire to a luxurious boutique Riad, an oasis in the heart of the city. In the morning an authority on local food is on hand to guide you through a street food tour of the culinary capital. Start at the fresh food souk, taste wild honey and try a range of delicious traditional Moroccan foods.
Get in touch
- Take in the city’s medina and Atlas Mountains from the comfort of the Riad’s wooden paneled terrace
- Unravel the UNESCO protected Fez medina in a guided tour
- Take a bath in a cleansing and relaxing Arabian hammam
- Relax in the private of your riad’s four courtyards or by its emerald pool
- Ignite your senses at one of Fez’s 11th century tannery and witness one of the regions oldest crafts
- Explore Fez’s street food with a culinary tour from a local expert
- Appreciate the tile-work and wood carvings of the 14th century former university, Kairaouine Mosque