Utopia by David Mitchell
The author of Cloud Atlas and The Bone Clocks, Mitchell turns his hand to a sprawling 600 page opus which details the factionary rise and fall of a British Rock band from the 1960s. Perfect to lose yourself in , this explores the drug ridden and ego heavy exploits of the aforementioned ‘Utopia’ and presents a great literary mental escape to wallow in.
Together in a Sudden Strangeness: Edited by Alice Quinn
This anthology sees American poets respond to the pandemic and what it has meant to them. Addressing collective fear, hope and experiences it showcases a variety of perspectives from poets spread far and wide across USA. Under the backdrop of the Black lives matter movement plus feelings of grief and recovery; read these expressions of these strange and difficult times.
- Pre-heat your oven to 180°C and begin by beating the butter and the sugar together in a large bowl.
- Gradually mix in the flour, taking care not to over mix the dough.
- Roll out the dough to about 1cm thick and cut with a circular cutter or your child’s favourite cutter shapes.
- Bake the shortbread in the oven for 10 to 15 minutes, until the shortbread reaches a pale golden-brown colour. Allow to cool on a wire rack before serving.
- Why not decorate your shortbread with colourful icing pens or a layer of melted chocolate? Have fun getting creative with your kids!