7 nights/8 days itinerary in Antartica & Arctic
The Line of Life – Arctic Safari
for 2 adults
Touring the floe edge, this journey takes you to one of the most special places in the Arctic, abundant with iconic wildlife and unparalleled viewing opportunities. Nicknamed the ‘line of life’, the floe edge is where the sea ice opens up, allowing marine mammals and other wildlife the chance to explore. Situated on an Artic beach near Navy Board Inlet, your premium land-based camp is the perfect location for extensive exploration of the Lancaster Sound floe edge. From this remote base you will experience a relaxed series of wildlife safaris, focussing on narwhal and polar bear sightings, and providing up-close and intimate encounters with the local Inuits. Ideal for those with an adventurous spirit, who want a relaxed journey off the beaten track, this trip has no strict itinerary but allows you to enjoy the moment and choose how to spend your time.
- Soar across the High Arctic, and enjoy your first sightings of the dramatic icebergs on a private flight to your base for the week, Premium Safari Camp
- Camp on an arctic beach, surrounded by a striking backdrop of towering cliffs, and glistening glaciers
- Get up-close to the fascinating wildlife in their natural habitats, including pods of narwhal and beluga whales, polar bears, various sea birds, and the possibility of bowhead whales and walrus
- Enjoy full access to a remote floe edge in Navy Board Inlet, Nunavet, a location where few have visited before
- Taste mouth-watering meals from an on-site chef, using local ingredients and techniques, as well as access to unlimited snacks and hot drinks all day
- Travel by traditional Inuit qamutik’s (sleds) and snowmobiles to ancient hunting sights
- Brave the freezing waters with complimentary use of kayaks, and snorkelling equipment
- Attend a selection lectures from expert Trip Leaders, naturalists, scientists, and film-makers
- Purchase souvenirs and art from the local Inuit communities
Premium Safari Camp
Premium Yurt | Deluxe Yurt | Family Tent | 5 nights
Situated on a breath-taking arctic beach, and inspired by African mobile safari camps, Premium Safari Camps are a warm and cosy base to explore the remote floe edge. Equipped with home-away-from-home comforts including a lockable door, king beds, heaters, duvets and the option of private en-suite bathrooms, these modern yurts have double insulated walls, and high cathedral ceilings. You are encouraged to take the adventure at your own pace, and should you want to converse with fellow guests, encouraged to visit the large communal dining and lounge areas in the camp which provide a 24hr snack and drink buffet.
Pond Inlet Hotel
1 night post-expedition
Your exact hotel confirmed upon booking, you’ll spend one night in the breath-taking Pond Inlet, surrounded by the picturesque wild landscape.
*Price shown does not include flights