Coronavirus (COVID-19) Travel Information
With the recent and ongoing outbreak of coronavirus (COVID-19) there are many questions and concerns around travel and safety currently, and we are working closely with our global network of local, on the ground offices and valued partners to provide the best service to our clients.
At Quintessentially Travel, our client’s wellbeing and safety are of the highest priority. We are closely monitoring and managing this situation as it rapidly evolves and liaising regularly with the global health authorities and government agencies. We will be keeping this page updated on our approach. The details below explain how we are operating in the current situation, ensuring our clients safety comes first. As the coronavirus situation continues to unfold, we remain up to date with official travel advice around temporary travel bans and additional precautions, such as screening procedures upon arrival. Please be assured that our dedicated team of Travel Specialists are on hand to guide you and craft a tailor-made holiday and travel experience, personalised to you.
In addition to the government advice, we remain in close contact with our own offices on the ground in affected destinations to get first-hand information and insight. Each client’s travel circumstances will be different, as such we will provide tailor-made travel recommendations on a case-by-case basis for all of our clients.
- We are continually monitoring and managing this situation as it progresses; we receive daily updates from the UK Foreign Office and US State Department as well as carefully review any news and official changes in travel advice into destinations we operate in.
- In the event that official travel advice changes to recommend against travel to your chosen destination, your dedicated Travel Specialist will work with you to reroute or reschedule your trip. As always, your Travel Specialist is on hand to tailor your journey and we are available 24/7 through our emergency number to provide you peace of mind while travelling.
- If you are due to depart within 90 days, your Travel Specialist will be actively communicating any changes in travel advice and are always available to speak about any concerns or questions you may have, regardless of when or where you may be travelling.
- We recommend that all our clients ensure they have travel insurance to protect them.
- As always, our top priority is the wellbeing of our clients and staff, and we will continue to take any action necessary to support those travelling with us as fully as possible.
For More Information
If you are based in the UK, we strongly recommend that all clients monitor the FCO travel advice page. Sign up to receive email alerts for the country you’re visiting: GOV.UK Foreign Travel Advice.
If you are based in the US, please check the latest Government travel advice: US State Department Travel Advice.
Based elsewhere and have a question? See below or read more about Coronavirus: World Health Organisation (WHO).
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your travel arrangements, please contact your dedicated Travel Specialist, who will be happy to assist or send any question to [email protected], an inbox we are constantly monitoring.