10 nights/ 11 days in Rio and Pantanal itinerary in Brazil
Wildlife spotting and urban settings in Brazil
for 2 adults
Where the samba beat surges, Rio de Janeiro is Brazil’s second largest city, a UNESCO World Heritage site and is famed for its laid-back beach lifestyle, spectacular landscapes and vibrant city life which is bursting with energy and colour. During this mesmerising getaway, not only will you have the opportunity to discover hidden gems within the city, but you will also have the chance to escape the bustle of city life and explore the floodplains of Pantanal – one of Brazil’s best kept secrets stretching across 42 million acres – an area that is larger than the size of England. Here, guests will be able to enjoy rare opportunities to get up-close and personal with the impressive variety of wildlife – anything from jaguars and alligators to lowland tapirs and over 463 bird species. A journey of two contrasts, enjoy the wet and wild and all the best the iconic city of Rio has to offer.
- Experience the rhythm of Rio from the beach or as you explore the characterful streets
- Sitting between Brazil and Argentina, stare in awe at the 80m high Iguazu Falls – this is nature at its best
- Said to resemble the traditional shape of a sugarloaf, take a cable car up Sugarloaf Mountain and enjoy the spectacular views out across the city below and Guanabara Bay
- A symbol of the city of Rio, visit the monumental statue that is the Christ the Redeemer
- Take a helicopter tour as you journey across the Brazilian and Argentinian Falls National Parks
- One of the most pristine wetlands in the world and stretching across two Brazilian states, enjoy close encounters with the greatest concentration of wildlife in the Americas
- Spend a day exploring the Pantanal on a dedicated full day jaguar tour
Hotel Emiliano, Rio
Ocean Deluxe | B&B basis | 3 nights
Offering one of the best locations in Rio, Emiliano can be found on the historic and world-famous Copacabana Beach. Oozing in exclusivity and Brazilian sophistication, this contemporary property promises a stay that is full of buzz and style.
Belmond Hotel das Cataratas
Deluxe Room| B & B basis | 2 nights
The only hotel that can be found in Brazil’s Iguazu National Park, while away the hours poolside as you hear the thundering waters of the iconic falls which are located right next to this luxury hotel – the location really doesn’t get any better than this.
Caiman Ecological Refuge
B&B Basis | 4 nights
Set within a 53,000-hectare ranch, enjoy some of the very best opportunities to see the endless array of wildlife that have made the Pantanal their home. After a busy and exciting day of exploring, return to the lodge and take a dip in one of the outdoor pools or settle into a good book as you relax in a hammock.
* Price shown does not include flights