7 nights/8 days itinerary in Egypt
City and River Odyssey
for 2 adults
One of the most populous countries in Africa and the Middle East, Egypt has one of the longest histories of any modern state. There are thousands of historical sites, local souks, bustling restaurants and even one of the Seven Wonders of the World: the Pyramids. Start your trip in Cairo; which is home to some of the world's most iconic sights - not only the Pyramids but also the Sphinx plus the Egyptian museum housing King Tutankhamen artefacts and royal mummies. Cairo has stood for more than a thousand years on the same site on the banks of the River Nile and mixes modern architecture with the ancient. Spend your days exploring a number of museums and temples before spending three nights onboard a five-star cruise - The Sanctuary Nile Adventurer, allowing you to enjoy the Nile in style boarding in either Luxor or Aswan and ending in the alternate city. This 32 cabin cruise offers the best vantage point from which to take in the pyramids - enjoy a sundowner from the sundeck and reflect on the glories before you. Many people know about the religious importance of Jerusalem; but the fact that Israel is such a beautiful country may be lesser known. This is an enduring combination of the hustle and bustle of the fascinating city of Cairo and all of its iconic sights combined with ultimate relaxation aboard a luxury cruise sailing down the Nile.
- Arrive into Cairo – your base for three nights; get your bearings by wandering on foot around your hotel – Four Seasons Hotel Cairo at the first residence – make sure to have your camera at the ready
- Begin your cultural tour of Cairo by taking in the Egyptian Museum, the Pyramids and the Sphinx
- Whilst in Cairo also take in the Coptic Museum, the Hanging Church, the Citadel and various other hot-spots
- You will board a short flight to either Luxor or Aswan to board your Sanctuary River cruise – your home for the next four nights
- Enjoy sailing by sights such as the Karnak and Luxor Temples; the Valley of the Kings and Queens; the Esna and Edfu Temple
- By night on the cruise be sure to enjoy cocktail receptions, gourmet dinners plus fun entertainment from belly dancers
Four Seasons Hotel Cairo at The First Residence, Cairo
Standard Room | Bed & Breakfast | 3 Nights
This is one of Cairo’s most luxurious hotels; take the opportunity to stare at the Great Pyramids from your room or instead feast your eyes on the zoological and botanical gardens just outside. Fine dining is also on the list when you stay here, as is shopping, with Giza offering the best cultural sights and shopping experience close by. The property offers 269 rooms, including 43 suites plus an open-air main pool and a separate children’s pool.
Sanctuary Nile Adventurer, Egypt
Standard Cabin | Fully Inclusive | 4 Nights
For an alternative, yet adventurous choice of accommodation, get off hard ground and stay on-board the Sanctuary Nile Adventurer. Decorated in an Egyptian-inspired lounge style, the boat offers a very intimate and relaxing atmosphere, with some gourmet cuisine and facilities to satisfy every sailor. It offers 32 cabins and suites (each with own bathroom), a Spacious sun deck plus outdoor swimming pool We don't believe there is a better way to explore the land of the Pharaohs.
*Price shown does not include flights