Experience an enriching overland expedition across Ethiopia’s beguiling landscapes. With historical treasures from bygone eras, myriad of religious architecture, UNESCO World Heritage Sites and spectacular scenery, there’s no better place for an intrepid off-road African journey. Receive instruction from expert 4x4 driving crews before embarking on a bespoke road trip curated just for you, taking you from the culture-filled capital Addis Ababa to the Lalibela’s religiously significant archaeological delights and the enchanting beauty of Simien Mountain National Park. Not only is this an adventure of a lifetime across one of the most dramatic landscapes on earth, you’ll also gain a deeper understanding of the importance of spirituality in this beautiful country.
Get in touch
- Journey through the rugged mountains of the Ethiopian highlands, vast plateaus, deep valleys and towering red canyons
- Discover Gondar’s crumbling medieval castles – frequently referred to as the ‘Camelot of Africa’
- Experience Africa’s largest, vibrant and colourful open-air market
- Marvel at the beauty of the Simien Mountains
- Explore the natural habitat of the gelada baboon and endangered Ethiopian wolf
- Visit Lalibela’s monolithic churches carved from rock, built for Ethiopian Orthodox Christians