Welcome to Azura Quilalea, a wild and secluded castaway island, and intimate escape like no other. Located off Mozambique’s northern shores, Quilalea is one of the Quirimbas Archipelago’s collection of twenty-five untouched coral islands fringed with white sand beaches and rich with natural beauty. Spend your days on island time, strolling barefoot amongst the island’s towering Baobabs, indulging in romantic picnics on one of the four beaches and soaking in the tranquillity as you gaze out to sea from your villa’s private deck. Nature lovers will delight at the spectacular marine sanctuary that surrounds the island, the abundant array of colourful fish, dolphin pods, endangered dugong, humpback whales, and the Hawksbill turtles that nest on Quilalea’s Turtle Beach. For the more active there’s jungle walks, deep sea fishing and not forgetting the incredible diving Mozambique has to offer. Pure beachside bliss, you’ll never want to leave this tiny gem in the Indian Ocean.
Get in touch
- Fly from Johannesburg to Pemba Airport, from there a scenic helicopter flight over the sparkling Indian Ocean will take you to Azura Quilalea Private Island
- Step back in time with a cultural tour of nearby Iro Island, experience their simple way of life, age-old traditions and fascinating ancient architectur
- Discover Mozambique’s incredible and unspoiled coral reefs learning to dive or touch up your skills at the resorts PADI dive centre
- Go kayaking in the mangroves, winding through the tropical trees on the lookout for birds and hermit crabs
- Set sail on a traditional Mozambican Dhow sailboat and watch the enchanting East African sunset, cocktail in hand
- Take the whole island exclusively for an unparalleled, dream worthy getaway with family or friends