8 nights/9 days itinerary in Sweden
Winter Wonders in Swedish Lapland
for 2 adults
Swedish Lapland has an element of rural romanticism that captures the heart of guests who venture here. Touching the arctic circle, the landscape is transformed seasonally and is beautiful any time of the year. From the soaring mountains, dense forests and rushing rivers in the summer, the landscape is transformed into a glittering winter wonderland that endlessly charms. In this itinerary through Swedish Lapland, explore the beauty of the Luleå archipelago where you will join local guides on foot and by boat as you visit the shores of untouched islands. Marvel at the skill of craftsmen who have designed and shaped ice to create remarkable Art Suites at the ICEHOTEL 365 where you will spend the night. Conclude the experience in Stockholm exploring the city at leisure and discover the culture and history of this ‘Beauty on Water’.
- Enjoy traditional Swedish food in timber log cabins in the wilderness of the Luleå archipelago
- Hop between the islands of the Luleå archipelago on a morning boat tour where you will stop for lunch ashore a remote Swedish island
- Enjoy an outdoor cooking class with your own personal chef
- Grab bicycles and explore the old city of Gammelstad
- See the landscape of Sweden speed past on your train journeys from Luleå to Kiruna
- Sleep in thermal sleeping bags amongst the ice art suites at ICEHOTEL 365 and snuggle down for a night in minus 5 degrees Celsius
- Wander through the different suites at the ICEHOTEL and marvel at the different themes of the artwork that has been fashioned out of the ice
- Take a city tour through the streets of Stockholm and learn about its culture and history in its winding streets
Cabin | Includes Breakfast | 3 Nights
Overlooking the Luleå archipelago and the Bay of Bothnia, Brändön Lodge is in rural Sweden where farming and fishing has defined the community for centuries. The history here is deep routed and has shaped the area to what it is today. During a stay here, guests are encouraged to embark on a variety of activities depending on the seasons to immerse themselves in the culture and lifestyle of these islands. 15 cabins can be self-catered for the ultimate private experience or guests can enjoy traditional, locally sourced, fare from the main lodge.
Art Suite | Includes Breakfast | 2 Nights
By day, the ICEHOTEL 365 is an art gallery that showcases exceptional artwork crafted from blocks of ice and by night it transforms into a unique hotel where guests sleep amongst the ice sculptures. Hand carved by exceptionally skilled craftsmen, each individual suite is individually designed and themed and changes year on year to reflect the remarkable skills of the designers. Despite the cold, guests are kept cosy in fur bedding, woken with hot lingonberry juice before heading for the sauna and hot showers before settling down to a traditional Swedish breakfast. There is nowhere in the world quite like it.
Private Cabin | Cabin Only | 1 Night
Travel from Kiruna to Stockholm aboard the overnight train in your own comfortable private compartment.
Ett Hem, Stockholm
Double Room | Includes Breakfast | 2 Nights
Formerly a private residence built in 1910, Ett Hem retains much of its majestic beauty in the tranquil streets of residential Stockholm. Delicately transforming the property into the hotel you see today, designer Ilse Crawford has crafted a home away from home that houses the very best Scandinavian furniture, artworks and antiques. With only 12 bedrooms, this is a haven in Sweden’s capital city where guests are welcomed like family and get to experience the warmth and affection of Swedish hospitality
*Price shown does not include flights