10 nights/11 days itinerary in United Arab Emirates
City of Gold and Maldivian Bliss
for 2 adults
This holiday offers a perfect combination of sophisticated city life with tranquil island bliss to follow. You will start in Dubai – the largest of the United Arab Emirates (UAE) and hub of the Middle East. Dubai has become synonymous with luxury – be it shops, restaurants or bars – plus visually striking architecture and a busy nightlife scene. Spend three days checking out this bustling and exciting desert hub before flying on to Maldives. If you tire of nightlife, shopping and dining at the fine restaurants, you also have desert pursuits on your doorstep where you can try activities such as camel riding or a desert safari. The Maldives is the island nation in the Indian Ocean comprising of twenty six atolls and coral islands. This is a destination which is perfect for lazy days spent relaxing, sunbathing and indulging in water sports – the sparkling blue waters and white sands make for the picture perfect backdrop. All the islands are circled by lagoons with wonderfully translucent waters and the marine environment is second to none. This gives the best of both worlds – start your trip off by living the high life in the metropolis; then follow this by some supreme world-class relaxation in the stunning Maldives.
- Start your stay off in Dubai; you will be based here for three nights – be sure to check out Burj Khalifa; currently the world’s tallest tower – enjoy the views from the top
- If you are interested in shopping then Dubai Mall has to be worth a visit – this also boasts the infamous indoor Ice Rink
- Explore further afield and take the tram from the mainland to the Palm; this is a completely man made island shaped like a Palm and home to yet more world class hotels and restaurants
- You will fly from Dubai to Male where you will then be transferred by speedboat to your hotel where you will spend the next week feeling like you have arrived in paradise
- Make sure you explore the fantastic house reef on your door step with a spot of snorkelling; you can even get your PADI scuba diving certificate
- Enjoy the variety of culinary experiences on offer; barbecue one night followed by Peruvian-Japanese the next
Jumeirah Zabeel Saray, Dubai
Superior king | Including breakfast | 3 nights
This hotel occupies a prime spot on Jumeirah beach with its own private section. Taking inspiration from the Turkish Ottoman empire the rooms are lavishly decorated with warm interiors mixed with wood flooring. The hotel offers a vast array of dazzling dining choices, and the views of the gulf of Arabia plus the famed Dubai skyline make it an eye catching choice. The infinity pool takes advantage of it’s favourable position and is a perfect spot to enjoy a sundowner.
LUX* North Male Atoll, Maldives
Beach villa | Including breakfast | 7 nights
This is a modern property with low white buildings and has a playful, fun side. Easily reached from Male by speedboat in just 45 minutes this is a relaxed; yet stylish choices. Individuality comes by way of fun touches such as message in bottles scattered around the island for you to discover throughout the day with gifts on offer, phone boxes for you to make free international calls plus the old fashioned ice cream parlour – ICI.
*Price shown does not include flights