7 Nights/8 Days itinerary in United Kingdom
Mountains and Whisky: Driving through the Scottish Highlands
for 2 adults
The Scottish Highlands is a destination that ignites the imagination. With vast natural landscapes that are as beautiful as they are rugged, Scotland is home to ancient castles, decadent distilleries and superb cuisine that is crafted by some of the most hospitable people in the UK. In this self-drive itinerary, take your time driving through the Scottish landscapes, starting in the cultural epicentre of Edinburgh before driving north to Speyside across malt whisky country and onto the Isle of Skye, before concluding the journey in Glencoe and the Scottish Lakeland. Taste your way across Scotland’s famous distilleries, sample its exceptional gastronomy and spend time in the natural playground of the highlands.
- Take a tour of the historic city of Edinburgh, and learn about its turbulent history at Edinburgh Castle and the Royal Mile.
- Awaken the tastebuds with a tour and tasting experience at the Scotch Whisky Experience
- Travel through Malt Whisky country where you will pay a visit to both Dewars World of Whisky, Edradour and Delwhinnie Distillery
- Wind your way through Scottish Highlands and drive through dramatic backdrops
- Pass through quaint Scottish towns and villages that are home to Whisky distilleries
- Go on the Glenfiddich Connoisseurs Tour and witness the production of one of Scotland’s most famous whiskys
- Wander through beautiful riverside villages at Aberlour and Carron, stopping to try your hand at fishing in The River Spey.
- Walk through Scottish History at Ballindalloch Castle
- Hunt for the Loch Ness Monster as you make your way deeper into the Highlands, visiting Inverness and Eilean Donan along the way
- On the Isle of Skye, take time to visit the Tlisker Distillery and Dunvegan Castle where you will see the beauty and culture that resides here
- At the foot of Ben Nevis, try more Whisky at The Ben Nevis Distillery before continuing on to Glencoe and Rannoch Moor
Standard Room | Includes Breakfast | 1 Night
Proud of its heritage, The Balmoral Hotel sits in the centre of the city of Edinburgh in the former landmark clock tower. With its own tartan, the Balmoral takes the best of Scottish culture and has created a landmark hotel that is a proud jewel in the Rocco Forte portfolio. Classic Scottish art, deco that incorporates Hebridean blues and heather hues as well as a vast collection of over 500 malt whiskies to taste, guests who stay here have unmistakably arrived in Scotland.
Standard Room | Includes Breakfast | 3 Nights
Run by Scott and Jodi and in a former Victorian Mansion, Craigellachie Lodge combines the charm of a guest house with the refinement of a luxury boutique hotel. In its own grounds in the Spey Valley, it is in the heart of Scotland’s Malt Whisky country making it the ideal place from which to explore. The modest five bedrooms all combine contemporary furnishings with period features, creating a romantic atmosphere that feels like a home away from home.
Standard Room | Including Breakfast | 2 Nights
On the Isle of Skye, is the world-renowned Kinloch Lodge, where the gastronomy is as incredible as the landscape that surrounds the hotel. This family run hotel has created a reputation for highland hospitality that is complimented by the world-class food crafted by head chef Marcello Tully. It is an unforgettable experience to stay here, with bedrooms that overlook the lochs and food that is designed to nourish the soul. Guests come away having connected with the land that make the journey worth every minute.
MacDonald Forest Hills Hotel & Spa
Standard Room | Including Breakfast | 1 Night
Spend your final night in The Trossachs, where the beauty of Scotland is ever present, from the views from the bedrooms to the hospitality within. Having recently undergone a complete renovation, the property boasts fantastic amenities throughout that compliments the country retreat feel. The bedrooms pair contemporary Scottish inspired interiors with antique furnishings that is soothing and decadent.
*Price shown includes car hire for the duration of the trip
*Price shown does not include flights