13 nights/14 days itinerary in Belize & Guatemala
Bask in the Beauty of Belize
for 2 adults
Jungles, rivers and coral reefs; nature will be at the forefront of your journey through Belize. Immerse yourself in greenery and enjoy all the wildlife this country has to offer. The perfect place for a tropical retreat, Belize has natural beauty in abundance. Commence your expedition along the Macal River, where you will canoe to Mayan caves and learn about the rich ancient culture. Continue your water escapades, cruising down the river whilst sipping on delicious wines and later dive down to view the spectacular coral formations. On land, horse-ride through the jungle and use your eagle-eye to spot hundreds of different tropical birds nesting in the high trees, as well as monkeys and if you are truly lucky, big cats. Maybe take a day to step over the border into Guatemalan and broaden your knowledge of the Maya civilization. Believe that Belize will make you fall in love with the natural landscapes and beautiful beaches you will encounter on this special two-week voyage of discovery.
- Drift through Mayan caves in a canoe and learn of the site’s history as a sacrificial location
- Get some vitamin sea on Amergris Caye, home to the world’s second largest coral reef
- Make friends with nurse sharks and rays whilst snorkelling off the island coast
- Relax down the river on a sunset cruise, complete with your favourite tipple
- Take a kayak through the jungle river and discover the rich biodiversity
- Stand amongst impressive ancient ruins at Tikal National Park, once the heart of Mayan civilization
- Trek through the jungle to find Actun Tunichil Muknal cave and be fascinated by the sacrificial altars
- Follow an experienced cowboy through the rain forest on horseback whilst searching for puma and jaguar tracks
- Tour through cacao and coffee nurseries before learning how to make your own chocolate
- Make mountain bikes your favourite mode of transport and ride through the narrow streets of Punta Gorda
Chaa Creek Lodge, San Ignacio
Cottage Collection room | B&B Basis | 4 nights
A hotel dedicated to sustainable tourism, Chaa Creek Lodge is set amongst a 400-acre nature reserve and encourages guests to explore and educate themselves on its environment. Apart from the endless rainforest surroundings, guests can expect to soak up the sun on the private terrace, enjoy an outside massage at the hilltop spa and dine on fresh fish in an open-air restaurant whilst listening to the melodic bird song. Your stay here will be as enlightening, as it is relaxing.
Copal Tree Lodge, Punta Gorda
Jungle King Suite | B&B Basis | 4 nights
Perched on the hills above Punta Gorda, this private property will allow you to be at one with nature. Relax in the outdoor pool that overlooks the Rio Grande River and never-ending greenery. Come evening, excite your taste buds with traditional Mayan and Indo-Caribbean cuisines served at The Garden Table; think freshly caught seafood and vegetables foraged from the surroundings and finish off dinner with a cup of their renowned coffee.
Victoria House, Ambergris Caye
Plantation room | B&B Basis | 5 nights
With palm filled grounds and white sand beaches, this resort offers tranquility in its finest form. Find a hammock and spend the day worshiping the sun, take a yoga class on the beach or head to the luxurious spa for a treatment using local ingredients. However you choose to spend your time at Victoria House, you will leave feeling refreshed and recharged.
*Price shown does not include flights