Travel through the depths of China, journeying from urban cityscapes to rural wonders as you experience the magic of the east.
Embark from Beijing, where you’ll spend your first few days exploring the metropolis, visiting the Great Wall and getting lost in the Forbidden City. From here you’ll step back in time as you make your way south to one of China’s oldest cities, Xi’an. Next, you’ll experience the sheer beauty of the Li River outside Guilin, and visit the Reed Flute Cave, or as it is sometimes known, ‘the Palace of the Natural Arts’. A trip down Lijiang River will take you to Yangshuo, the most beautiful town on the river. Here you’ll enjoy an authentic Chinese cookery lesson followed by Bamboo Rafting on the river. After this, you’ll travel to Chengdu, followed by Chongqing, before reaching the majestic Yangtze River. Finally, end your trip much like it started; in one of China’s sprawling and sky-scraping cities, as you depart from Shanghai.
On a trip that combines the futuristic fervour of China’s great cities with some of the most unique landscapes tucked away in the wilderness, immerse yourself in the marvels of the east.
Get in touch
- Spent a day exploring Beijing’s Tiananmen Square, The Forbidden City and The Summer Palace
- Enjoy a morning’s visit to the Mutianyu section of the Great Wall of China
- Stop at Shaanxi Provincial Historical Museum in Xi’an and marvel at a collection of over 113,000 historical ancient artefacts
- Visit the famous Terracotta Warriors on the outskirts of Xi’an
- Experience the natural colours and vibrant lights of the Reed Flute Caves in Guilin
- Discover the elegant scenery and sensational dining on offer at Yangshuo
- Have a go Bamboo Rafting on the gorgeous and serene Yulong River
- Take a trip to The Giant Panda Breeding Centre on the outskirts of Chengdu
- Meander your way down Chengdu Jinli Ancient Street for a journey through history
- Sail along the Yantze River for a breath-taking view of the Outang Gorge