6 nights/7 days itinerary in Germany
Europe’s Endless Beauty
for 2 adults
Explore Europe’s stunning sceneries on this seven-day off-the-beaten-track journey. Travel through a selection of Europe’s prettiest towns, cities and regions, taking in the sights of medieval streets, beautiful winding rivers and incredible evergreen forests. Beginning in Switzerland’s Basel, meander through the Old Town and along the banks of the river Rhine. Spend your time in this wonderful city exploring the artworks at Fondation Beyeler or strolling the picturesque streets of Schifflände. On your way to your next stop you will have the chance to see the beauty of the Black Forest. In Freiburg, you will spend the day with your head in the clouds, taking a cable car to the top of Schauinsland Mountain. Your vacation will then take you to France where you will explore two scenic cities in the Alsace region, discovering beautiful architecture, delicious wines and famous artworks. Embark on this weeklong beauty-filled adventure, and fall in love with the best Europe has to offer.
- Admire the spectacular Black Forest region, stopping off at its waterfalls and gothic towns
- Take a vintage tram ride through Basel, the aptly named Cultural City of Switzerland
- Embark on a guided visit to the Fondation Beyeler, one of the most private collections of contemporary art in the world
- Take in the beautiful Issenheim Altarpiece, a 16th century painting of mysticism and realism by Matthias Grünewald
- Learn of the traditional methods of glass-making in Todtnau
- Climb the tower of the impressive Freiburger Munster Cathedral to admire the views of Freiburg’s medieval streets
- Visit the Black Forest Open Air Museum to see how the architecture of the region has changed over time
- Enjoy a walking tour of the Petite France district of picturesque Strasbourg, visiting the Notre Dame Cathedral and Palais Rohan
- See the colourful houses and floral arrangements of Petite Venise de Colmar, as you drift down the canal in a boat
Grand Hotel Les Trois Rois, Basel
Standard Room | Full Board | 3 Nights
Located in the centre of town, on the banks of the river Rhine, Les Trois Rois is unapologetically grand. Black marbled bathrooms, red velvet drapes and stunning ceiling frescoes are all to be expected walking through the rooms of the hotel. In the bar, a suited pianist plays through a repertoire of classical greats, as guests nurse their nightcaps. With three Michelin stars to its name, the in-house restaurant - Le Cheval Blanc – is definitely not to be missed.
Colombi Hotel, Freiburg
Standard Room | Full Board | 4 Nights
An elegant, contemporary retreat on the outskirts of Freiburg, the Colombi Hotel offers its guests an escape from the hustle and bustle of modern day life. Ideal for sightseeing, the hotel is located closely to the Black Forest, as well as the Franco-Swiss and German-Swiss borders. With fresh flowers and fruits garnishing each room and comforting, modest interiors, the hotel achieves a home-away-from-home feel. The cosy bar is the perfect place to curl up next to the fireplace with a drink and unwind from the day’s activities.
*Price shown does not include flights