14 night/15 days itinerary in Japan
Jump into Japan
for 2 adults
From neon lights to mountain-top nights, this tour of Japan combines past and present in a journey through culture, food and stunning scenery. In a country where ancient heritage meets the ultramodern, you will experience all aspects of Japan. Your trip will take you from the lively hub of fashion, art, food, and anime pop that is Tokyo, to shrines that pre-date the 6th century in Hiroshima and the peak of Mt Fuji in Kawaguchiko. Along the way you will sample the finest Japanese cuisine, watch Geisha dancers, visit opulent temples and sip sake. Whether staying in decadent luxury at the Mandarin Oriental or the traditional, mountain-hidden Benija Mukayu, each hotel will show you a different aspect of the fascinating Japanese culture.
- Walk amongst the Bonsai trees and explore Japan’s ancient heritage as you roam around Sensō-ji Temple, the oldest Buddhist temple in Tokyo
- Enjoy cocktails with a panoramic view of the vibrant city below at the New York Bar atop the Park Hyatt Hotel, made famous in the film ‘Lost in Translation'
- Shop until you drop as you are guided privately around the most affluent area of Tokyo, the Ginza district
- Stay at Yamashiro Onsen, a luxury ryokan hidden in the mountains and surrounded by plush vegetation
- Tour around a sake brewery and taste the freshly distilled produce
- Take part in a gold leaf decoration workshop and design your own Japanese trinkets
- Walk through the moss-covered gates of Hōnen-in Temple and wander down the Philosopher’s Path underneath the cherry blossom trees
- Experience a traditional Japanese tea ceremony at Kōrin-in Temple Temple, privately opened for your use
- Immerse yourselves in the Geisha culture as you dine on an authentic feast and watch traditional entertainment
- Marvel at Miyajima, the sacred place of Shiroism, which dates back to before the 6th century
- Embark on a food safari in Dontonbori and tantalise your taste buds with takoyaki, kushikatsu and ramen dishes
- Hike up Mt. Terijo and overlook Mt. Fuji in a breathtaking day of unparalleled natural beauty
- Visit the Hehiku Art Museum and study the art of silk-dyeing and kimono artistry
Deluxe King / Twin | 3 nights
With luxury hotels across the world, Mandarin Oriental Tokyo encompasses both decadence and comfort, lacing modern design with traditional influences. Housed in a skyscraper in the centre of the neon-lit city, the hotel offers panoramic views, a Michelin-star restaurant and a therapeutic spa located on the 37th floor. The Deluxe King room is of an impeccable standard, with floor to ceiling windows that allow you to cast your eyes across the whole city below.
Standard Japanese room | 2 nights
Nestled within the rich vegetation of the Japanese mountains, Beniya Mukayu is a traditional, yet luxurious, ryokan. This award-winning retreat takes pride on its proximity with nature and its peaceful surroundings. With just 17 rooms in the hotel, Beniya Mukayu is quaint and secluded, surrounded by wild gardens filled with Maple, Camellia and Cherry Blossom trees. You will feel utterly at peace as you relax on the terrace which overlooks the mountains, or as you stretch out in a sunrise yoga class. This is serene Japan in its purest form.
Four Seasons Hotel Kyoto
Deluxe King / Twin | 5 nights
Green garden sanctuaries, pink blossoming cherry trees and softly flowing water pools make the Four Seasons Hotel a hidden oasis. Surrounded in slender bamboo stalks and home to ponds dating back 800 years, your stay here will envelope you in Japanese history, authentic luxury and unparalleled natural beauty. With a water-side tea house, Michelin-starred sushi restaurant and a harmonious spa, the Four Seasons is suited to discerning travellers and peace-seekers.
Conrad Hotel Osaka
King / Twin Deluxe | 1 night
The crisp, contemporary interiors of the Conrad Hotel reflect the ultramodern buildings that make up the city of Osaka below. With sky-high views and panoramic windows, the Conrad is the perfect place to watch the sunrise and set over the glinting urban jungle, particularly if sipping on a sweet cocktail in the Sky Bar. The Conrad prides itself on sleek luxury, denoted in the dark wooden panelling and angular design, and is a representation of the opulent Japan.
T Cabin | 2 nights
Camp fires and cabins nestled high a-top the red pine slope and overlooking Lake Kawaguchiko, Hoshinoya is a woodland glamping resort with a luxurious flare. Surrounded by fifteen acres of Japanese nature, you will awaken to the scent of conifer trees and the sound of the birds chirping above you, as you look out of the window of your minimalist cabin and across the lake to Mt. Fuji. Take part in hikes, lake activities, woodland walks, yoga sessions and tea ceremonies as you relax in one of Japans most sought after locations.
*Price shown does not include flights