6 nights/7 days itinerary in Rwanda
for 2 adults
Discover the lush greenery, rolling grass peaks and majestic volcanoes of ‘The Land of a Thousand Hills’ by air in this epic adventure in Rwanda. Experience the country’s plentiful culture richness despite its heart-breaking history, and the wonderful people within it. Nature lovers will delight in the unique wildlife encounters Rwanda has to offer, reaping the rewards of treks through tough terrain that proceed them. Observe one of the twelve habituated groups of mountain gorillas in Volcanoes National Park, Nyungwe Forest’s chimpanzees and the black and white colobus monkeys jumping through the treetops, and marvel at how remarkably similar their mannerisms are to our own. Rwanda’s verdant wilderness is not only home to primates but hundreds of incredible birds, leafy trees, flora and fauna which you’ll find whilst walking the many forest trails. After days full of activities and exploration, kick back and relax in some of Rwanda’s most exclusive properties with tales of the incredible memories you’ve made.
- Spend your first night in Rwanda’s immaculate capital city Kigali at The Kigali Marriott Hotel
- A short scenic helicopter flight will take you from Kigali to Volcanoes National Park, home to Rwanda’s most illustrious primates
- Base yourself for two nights at Wilderness Safari’s beautiful Bisate Lodge in Volcanoes National Park in an uber-luxurious grass-woven walled villa
- Enjoy the company of Rwanda’s magical mountain gorillas
- Soak in the dramatic views of the Virunga Volcanoes whilst enjoying the chef’s creations from Bisate Lodge’s daily changing menu
- Take to the skies by chopper from the mountainous Volcanoes National Park to the mystical Nyungwe Forest
- Relax at your tranquil rainforest retreat, One & Only Nyungwe House, for your final three nights
- Experience One & Only Nyungwe House’s dining concept and taste locally grown produce with authentic Rwandan flavours
- Observe jungle wildlife such as chimpanzees, Colobus monkeys and forest birds in their natural habitat
- Hike rainforest trails to explore Rwanda’s jungle and the astonishingly varied vegetation that lies within
The Kigali Marriott Hotel
Standard Room | Including Breakfast | 1 Night
The Kigali Marriott is a centrally located, contemporary hotel with traditional Rwandan touches that is ideal for a stopover in Rwanda’s capital city and perfectly placed to explore it. Rooms offer generous space with views overlooking the city or the hotel’s lush green gardens. A wonderful array of restaurants including Cucina which serves traditional Italian dishes, as well as fantastic facilities. Relax after a day’s sightseeing by the outdoor pool or unwind with a treatment in the Saray Spa.
Standard Room | Full Board | 2 Nights
Wilderness Safari’s intimate lodge just outside of Volcanoes National Park with 6 stunning thatched villas set into the hillside, and the perfect base for gorilla trekking. The style is sophisticated and contemporary African, with open-plan interiors and dramatic views of Bisoke Volcano. The lodge is committed to environmental projects and reflecting the rich culture of rural Rwanda that surrounds it. Natural products and Rwandan building materials were used in the construction and over 50% of the staff are local.
One&Only Nyungwe House
Standard Room | Full Board | 3 Nights
A secluded retreat in a heavenly setting amidst the rainforest in Nyungwe National Park within a working tea plantation. Interiors are a stylish combination of modern luxury paired with African design with a collection of paintings from local artists and colourful artefacts. Rooms are scattered along the forest edge; each with decking overlooking the greenery of the trees beyond and offer a sense of peace. There’s a set menu each evening with excellent garden-to-table food, and the wine selection exquisite.
*Price shown does not include flights