See south east Asia in all its glory, from the bright lights and bustling cities of Singapore and Bangkok, to the mossy green hillscape of rural Malaysia.
Enjoy a trip from Singapore to Thailand, where the journey is just as spectacular as the destination. Start off in Singapore, and feel yourself being swept up in the spirit of the city and the excitement of one of Asia’s top destinations. With rainforests forming the backdrop to futuristic architecture, and towering malls lined with frenzied markets, Singapore combines exoticism with innovation. Spend the beginning of your holiday exploring the charms or Singapore and immersing yourself in the fusion of the East and the West before leaving for the Eastern & Oriental Express. This unique journey up to Bangkok will take you through vast expanses of remote Malaysia, and provide stunning views of rice paddies, rolling hills and limestone massifs. You’ll stop off in Kuala Kangsar, and experience traditional village life before embarking on a hill trek for unbeatable views of the surrounding vista. Hopping back on the train one last time, you’ll make your way to Bangkok. Settle back into city life, and discover the many majestic and magical pockets of Bangkok during your final few days in Asia.
From sensational cityscapes to the rustic wonders of rural Malaysia, your journey through south east Asia will be one of beauty and excitement.
Get in touch
- Try the local delicacy of a sweet and spicy ‘Teh Halia’ in Singpore
- Spend your days exploring the colourful and decorative neighbourhood of Little India
- Navigate through the maze of China Town and visit the magnificent Thain Hock Keng Temple
- Escape the tropical heat of the city, and enjoy dazzling views at the Spice Garden
- Witness a martial art dance performed by locals on your arrival to Kuala Kangsar
- Trek to a tea plantation where rubber, banana and durian are grown
- Enjoy a cycle ride around the rice fields of Nong Kao
- Take part in a traditional Thai cooking class as you sail along the Kawi river
- Visit The Grand Palace of Bangkok and see the phenomenal Wat Phra Kaew
- Wander through Bangkok’s charming and bohemian old quarter of Banglamphu