8 nights, 9 days in the South East of USA itinerary in United States of America
Plantation Houses and Great Smoky Mountains
for 2 people
Embark on a trip down the South East coast of America from Charleston to Savannah, then journey inland to finish your trip off in the Great Smoky Mountains of Tennessee. Start your trip off in the charming and characterful Charleston; a city of horse-drawn carriages and contemporary cuisine. Experience the fusion of the old and the new in the city of cobbled streets and modern art museums, framed by grand and colourful townhouses and set back against sunny skies and palm trees. From here, make your way down to Savannah; a city not as well-known as Charleston, but every bit as vibrant and exciting. Following your city escapades, unwind by spending your final three nights in the heart of the Smoky Mountains in Eastern Tennessee. Prepare for a trip of colour, beauty and excitement as you journey from plantation houses to the Great Smoky Mountains.
- Dive into Charleston’s history by visiting the city’s Slavery Museum
- Visit the mystical Magnolia Plantation and Gardens
- Wander along the waterfront, and board a ship for an afternoon’s sail to get the best views of the city
- Experience Charleston’s culinary renaissance and dine on fresh seafood
- Witness the height of the ‘Southern Gothic’ style by visiting Savannah’s Bonaventure Cemetery
- Venture towards the Victorian District in Savannah to get a real taste of the city’s vivacious art scene
- Indulge your sweet tooth by heading to one of the riverfront’s many sweet shops
- Have a go fly fishing in the blissful tranquillity of Hesse Creek at Blackberry Farm
- Explore the farm’s fresh produce by spending an afternoon wine or food tasting (or both!)
- Pamper yourself with a day spent in Blackberry Farm’s Wellhouse
Belmond Charleston Place
Deluxe Room | 3 nights
Right in the heart of downtown Charleston, Belmond is just walking distance from all the city’s major attractions. Combining charm and tradition with contemporary cuisine and a phenomenal spa, Belmond personifies the character of the city, whilst offering a luxurious and relaxing stay. With everything from a rooftop pool, to award-winning cuisine at the Charleston Grill, the hotel provides the ultimate Southern experience. Make your way from the cobbled streets of the vibrant city to the splendour and sophistication of the decadent Belmond Charleston Place.
Mansion on Forsyth Park
King Room | 2 nights
Mansion on Forsyth Park is both glamorous and unique, whilst committed to the belief that each and every guest should ‘rest in style and wake inspired’. From the inside out, the hotel is full of personality and grandeur, and is one of Savannah’s more recognised and relished hotels. Mansion on Forsyth Park reflects the creative curiosity of the city, from its decadent red brick exterior, to its wonderfully artistic interior. In addition to the hotel’s exciting ‘700 Dayton Restaurant’, which offers cookery lessons to its guests, the hotel has its very own outdoor pool, a tranquillity and healing spa, and of a course a Grand Bohemian Gallery.
Carriage House Suite | 3 nights
Unwind and rejuvenate following your adventures in Charleston and Savannah with a stay at Blackberry Farm. Come rain or shine, Blackberry Farm is the ultimate get away destination in the Great Smoky Mountains of Tennessee. Dedicated to pampering both the body and the mind, Blackberry Farm offers everything from fly fishing, to a hike through the mountains, to bird-watching in the nearby forests. Spend a morning in the farm’s Wellhouse, and an afternoon whisky tasting before reclining in your spacious and spectacular Carriage House Suite. Enjoy endless views from your own private veranda, and breath in the air of the Great Smoky mountains.