Ethiopia is one of Africa’s hidden gems which is undiscovered by most. Proudly home to the most UNESCO world heritage sites in the continent, it is brimming with historical tales, mythical wonders, impressive wildlife and spectacular vistas. From expansive plains to majestic mountains, you’ll always have the perfect back drop to explore this warm hearted country with a smile. This diverse itinerary starts you off in the capital Addis Ababa; your base for Mount Entoto which gives you panoramic views of the city below. You will then journey on to the Zeghie Peninsular and Gondar for wall murals, exotic birdlife and ancient castles. You will travel to the mind blowing Simien Mountains National Park home to some of the most dramatic scenery in Africa with gorges, rivers and plains plus chances to sight baboons and Ibex. The cities of Lalibela and Axum then await where you will be immersed in Ethiopia's culture and history. Admire the orthodox churches and tombs and castles in Yeda where you can also see Sub Saharan Africa's oldest building.
This is a completely fascinating itinerary which allows you to get under the skin of one of Africa’s lesser known countries; overflowing with culture and history it is visually stunning and a trip you won’t easily forget.
Get in touch
- Arrive into Addis Ababa – your base for exploring Mount Entoto where you can admire the city’s historic remains beneath you
- You will then fly to Bahir Dar – your base will be on the shores of Lake Tana; perfect for enjoying the birdlife
- Your next stop is Gondar; the historic capital from 17th – 19th Centuries; this is then followed by the Simien Mountains National Park
- You will travel on to Lalibela to explore the ancient churches and villages
- Your next destination is Axum; where you will experience the oldest and most holiest city in Ethiopia
- Finally you will head back to Addis Ababa before saying goodbye to this breath-taking country