Spend three nights traveling through the treasures of Thailand and Malaysia in the style and sophistication of the Eastern and Oriental Express.
Make your way across the breath-taking landscape of south east Asia as you head for Singapore. Embarking from Bangkok, you’ll enjoy panoramic views from the comfort of your cabin as you head out of the city and into the hills. Stopping off at Kanchanaburi and Kuala Kangsar, your voyage will take you through some of the most remote gems of the Thai and Malaysian countryside. Enjoy an adventure around Kanchanaburi, where you’ll be treated to a guided cruise along the River Kwai before visiting the town’s phenomenal War Museum. The following day you’ll arrive in Kuala Kangsar after a morning at leisure. From here, you’ll travel to Labu Kabong and discover the magic of rural Malaysian village life before embarking on a hill trek for unbeatable views of the surrounding vista. After one last night in the luxury of the Eastern and Oriental Express, you’ll be reintroduced to the excitement of city life as you arrive in Thailand’s capital.
Journey through the heart of south east Asia, and discover the endlessly enchanting pockets of Thailand and Malaysia.
Get in touch
- Head to the Observation Car on the Eastern and Oriental Express for spectacular views of an ever-changing landscape
- Enjoy a blissful cycle ride around the rice paddies of the River Kwai as you experience unseen Thailand
- Indulge your taste buds with a traditional Thai cooking class whilst sailing along the Kawi River
- Wake to astounding views and a delicious breakfast served to your cabin
- Visit the fascinating War Museum in Kanchanaburi
- Experience a warm village welcome after arriving in Labu Kabong
- Spend your morning on a guided tour through vibrant green rice paddies
- Trek to a plantation in Kuala Kangsar where rubber, banana and durian are grown
- Take a seat in the train’s Bar Car for a cocktail or two at dusk
- Unwind to the backdrop of rolling green hills as you enjoy a final dinner on board