Experience an enriching overland expedition across Ethiopia’s beguiling landscapes. With historical treasures from bygone eras, a myriad of religious architecture, UNESCO World Heritage Sites and spectacular scenery, there’s no better place for an intrepid off-road African journey. Receive instruction from expert 4x4 driving crews before embarking on a bespoke road trip curated just for you, taking you from the culture-filled capital Addis Ababa to the Lalibela’s religiously significant archaeological delights and the enchanting beauty of Simien Mountain National Park. Not only is this an adventure of a lifetime across one of the most dramatic landscapes on earth, you’ll also gain a deeper understanding of the importance of spirituality in this beautiful country.
Get in touch
- Journey through the rugged mountains of the Ethiopian highlands, vast plateaus, deep valleys and towering red canyons
- Discover Gondar’s crumbling medieval castles, frequently referred to as the ‘Camelot of Africa’
- Experience Africa’s largest, vibrant and colourful open-air market
- Marvel at the beauty of the Simien Mountains
- Explore the natural habitat of the gelada baboon and endangered Ethiopian wolf
- Visit Lalibela’s monolithic churches carved from rock, built for Ethiopian Orthodox Christians