Fly into Muscat, Oman for the first part of your holiday where you will stay for 3 nights. You will be located a decent 20 minute drive from the downtown area of Muscat and only 45 minutes from the airport for a smooth transfer. Your hotel is located on a bluff with stunning views of the Hajar mountains and the gulf of Oman. Muscat itself is a historic city blending a heady mix of beautiful Portuguese influenced forts, Muscat Harbour, the grand mosque plus high end shopping malls. You will definitely want to spend at least half a day taking in the sights. After enjoying Oman you will fly onto the Maldives in the heart of the Indian Ocean where you will enjoy a week long stay in your hotel in the North Male Atoll, a short speedboat ride away from the airport. The Maldives are a tropical country consisting of some 26 atolls made up of numerous coral islands and boasting wonderful beaches and reefs; justifiably making it famous for snorkelling.
This trip gives you a taste of two experiences; from the interesting city of Muscat to deep in the Indian Ocean – this is a trip of contrasts.
Get in touch
- Take a trip into Muscat itself and enjoy a tour of the Grand Mosque combined with a visit to the fish market and the Old Muttrah Souk.
- If you want to venture further afield be sure to see the forts of Nizwa such as the Round Tower fort; easily combined with the souq of Nizwa.
- Once you have seen the Grand Mosque; Muscat holds further treasures – the Royal Opera House and Heritage Gallery are worth visiting as well as the Bait Al Adam Museum
- You will fly on to the Maldives where you will be based for 7 nights; gorgeous beaches and fantastic snorkelling opportunities abound – be sure to take advantage
- If you are feeling more adventurous make sure you explore some of the fantastic dive sites on offer at your hotel such as Shark Point or the Hambadhu ship wreck
- There are a pod of spinner dolphins that live within easy reach of your hotel in the Maldives; take a boat trip to enjoy them in their natural environment