14 days itinerary in Antartica & Arctic
Summer in the Arctic
for 2 adults
Spend your summer holiday aboard a nuclear icebreaker, travelling to one of the most remote locations on Earth, the North Pole. Adventure awaits you at the top of the world as you experience a journey enjoyed by a privileged few. Breath-taking helicopter rides and land excursions punctuate your sail to 90 degrees north, ploughing through the ice to reach the Geographical North Pole. Island expeditions offer a closer look at the Arctic natural world, and you’ll battle through ice fields to see this unique landscape, including huge round-shaped boulders found no where else.
- Journey aboard the world’s most powerful nuclear icebreaker, 50 Years of Victory
- Spend time visiting the ship’s engine rooms and discovering how the vast ice fields of the Arctic are safely navigated
- Gain an new perspective on the sheer size of the ship and it’s surroundings with a helicopter ride over the icebreaker
- Dare to walk on the packed sea ice
- Stand on the top of the world as the icebreaker is manoeuvred to 90 degrees north and you disembark for a celebratory barbecue
- Walk around the world during a special International Round Dance with your fellow passengers, before plunging into the Arctic Ocean
- Explore the Franz Josef Archipelago, and it’s natural beauty, often known as the ‘Moon Archipelago’ due to the 190 cratered islands resembling the moonscape
- Photograph the breath-taking scenery and Arctic wildlife, as you search for arctic birds, walruses and polar bears
- Take a chance to relax with an array of activities on board including a pool and sauna, volleyball court, and extensive library
- Enjoy a night exploring Moscow, Russia’s vibrant capital city
50 Years of Victory
Lodgings aboard the world’s most powerful nuclear icebreaker are surprisingly comfortable, with a choice of various levels of cabins or suites. You’ll be able to move freely as you navigate through the vast ice fields on your way to the North Pole, and enjoy on board activities such as volleyball, saunas, and superb international cuisine. The icebreaker has the latest state-of-the-art safety features, key when you’re travelling to one of the most inaccessible areas in the world, 1000km away from any neighbours.
1 night pre-expedition
Confirmed in your final itinerary, you will spend a night pre-expedition in Murmansk, ready for the early embarkation the next day.
1 night post-expedition
Confirmed in your final itinerary, you will spend a night post-expedition in Moscow, allowing you the chance to spend time in Russia’s capital city.
*Price shown does not include flights