10 nights/11 days itinerary in Brazil
Wildlife, Falls and the Marvellous City
This extraordinary trip combines the attractions of ‘the marvellous city’; Brazil’s most well-known tourist attraction, Rio De Janeiro with the natural and wildlife wonders of both Iguacu Falls and the Pantanal region. Rio is a simply stunning city and part of it was recognised as World Heritage designated area in 2012. Boasting over 50 kilometres of beachfront, the beautiful backdrops of Sugarloaf and Corcovado and the iconic Christ the Redeemer this is one city to tick off the bucket list. After sating your cultural appetite in Rio you will move on to explore the majestic Iguacu falls, often cited as one of the world’s best natural wonders. Finishing off in the Pantanal offers a sprawling area of tropical wetland (the worlds largest) and this pristine area of biodiversity place host to countless wildlife such as jaguars, anteaters and anaconda for a safari south American style. This is a unique opportunity; a trip of contrasts – the beautiful bustling metropolis of one of the world’s most beautiful city twinned with fantastic wildlife in one of the world’s best ‘secret’ locations; the Pantanal as well as the vast natural wonder of Iguacu Falls.
- Begin in Rio and take a trip to the top of Corcovado to take in the city below you from the world famous Christ the Redeemer
- Enjoy a half day tour in Rio ; take in the Favelas and explore some fantastically tasty local cuisine and soak up the atmosphere of the back street bars
- You will fly on to Iguacu falls ; walk the Macuco trail which is a great way to enjoy the jungle on the Brazilian side of the falls
- After this you will venture on to the Pantanal; your base for the latter part of your trip and to experience some Brazilian wildlife
- Unlike the Amazon the landscape of the Pantanal is open and so you see the wildlife before you – enjoy the sights and sounds
- Tick of your list of wildlife in the Pantanal – keep an eye out for marsh deer, herons, capybaras and Caimans
Hotel Emiliano, Rio De Janeiro
Ocean Deluxe Room | Including breakfast | 3 nights
This design led property boasts a privileged setting on Copacabana beach. Catering to those with modern sensibilities one of its particular highlights has to be the rooftop pool – surely a caipirinha at sunset from the pool cannot be beaten for highlights. The rooms offer a combination of 1950s elements in the wood and glass influences with crisp white linens all giving a fresh, elegant feel. The Emile restaurant on the ground floor is a great spot for destination dining.
Belmond Hotel Das Cataratas, Iguazu Falls
"Deluxe Room | Including breakfast | 2 nights
Many say this beautiful property has the best views of the falls and it certainly makes the most of its position being steps away from the action. The eye-catching, elegant pink structure is visually striking and only serves to enhance the grandeur of the location. The hotel boasts a gorgeous outdoor pool for when you want to recover from a jungle trek; relax and enjoy the birds and the butterflies in peace.
Caiman Ecological Refuge, Pantanal
Standard Double Room | Including breakfast | 5 nights
This ranch is located in one of the world’s uppermost wetland areas spanning 53 000 hectares. Sympathetically constructed in line with the environment this is a friendly welcoming property boasting wonderful guides who will help you learn and gain as much as possible from this ‘south American safari’ experience. You can enjoy trekking, boat trips, and even night-time walks to take advantage of the more nocturnal creatures for a truly unforgettable experience.
*Price shown does not include flights