11 nights / 10 days Vancouver to Vancouver itinerary in Alaska
Cruise the Canadian Coast
for 2 people
Sail the Alaskan seas and take in the unparalleled scenery of the Canadian coast in this 10-day adventure, looping from Vancouver, down the coast of Alaska and back to Vancouver. Find yourself in a land where nature has dictated human life for many moons, where native tribes have listened to the Earth to guide their lives and light their paths, where each tree, each bear and each eagle has been sacred for centuries. Experience the depth of the culture that is found along the coast of Canada and Vancouver as you sail from totem-pole forested towns to gold mine encrusted lakes, to valleys carved by glaciers and modern cityscapes that reach towards the sky. As you cruise in style aboard the Regent Seven Seas Explorer, you will wake up to a new experience every day. Fill your hours with hikes, scenic drives, eagle spotting and trinket shopping, before returning to your cabin to sleep in luxury, ready for a new day in a new place for a new adventure.
- Wander around the towering totem poles and ancient native artefacts that are encapsulated by the town of Ketchikan
- Immerse yourself in Alaskan nature as you watch for humpback whales, wild salmon, grizzly bears and soaring eagles in the pine-wood forests of Icy Straight Point
- Learn about the Alaskan Tlinglit tribe and shop for locally made delicacies, tapestries and carvings
- Dine on delectable sea food such as freshly caught cod, Alaskan salmon and meaty Dungeness crab
- Go to the gateway of the Gold Fields in a trip to Skagway, a symbolic area of natural beauty that carries a wealth of Gold Rush history
- Step into the history of Russia’s Alaskan empire as you explore Sitka, the picturesque town founded by Russian fur traders in 1799
- Experience breath-taking beauty and jaw-dropping history in Juneau, home to three of the world’s largest gold digs and one of the world’s most impressive tourist attractions since 1880
- Carved by glacial valleys and luscious rain forests, visit the former 19th century US military post at Fort Wrangell
- Sit by the bay and watch the world go by in the idyllically floral town of Victoria
- Take a deep breath and cast your eyes over the city of Vancouver from the summit of Grouse Mountain
Regent Seven Seas Explorer
The Regent Seven Seas Explorer is a world-class luxury vessel that boasts exquisite interiors and elegant services. Fully loaded with an infinity pool, casino, running track and wellness spa, each day on board can be spent doing something new. Whether you choose to dine in one of the ship’s eight critically-acclaimed eateries or to take your supper in your spacious cabin, each delicious meal is freshly prepared with locally sourced produce. In addition to your daily excursions, the Seven Seas Explorer also offers an Enrichment Series, featuring lectures from outdoor writer and motivational speaker, Tracy Breen, who shares his passions on topics such as Alaskan ecology, geography, history and culture.