10 nights/11 days itinerary in Costa Rica
Love Nature in Costa Rica
for 2 adults
Full of friendly locals, exotic animals and diverse landscapes, get ready to fall in love with Costa Rica on this 11-day excursion. Rewarding hikes and exciting excursions will ensure you see every part of Costa Rica’s natural landscape. Begin your adventure in Santa Marta, where you will release your inner adrenaline junkie and take part in white-water rafting and canyoning; two unique ways to explore the terrain. Journey to Arenal and don your riding boots for a horseback ride through the waterfalls, before ending your vacation in Manuel Antonio and relax on one of the pristine beaches. Your journey will introduce you, not only to landscapes you had only dreamed of, but also to the wonders of Costa Rican cuisine. Dine every day on fresh tropical fruit, tasty gallo pinto and homemade tamales. Embark on this adventure and become one with nature in Costa Rica.
- White-water raft down the Pacuare Rivers, through canyons, waterfalls and lush rainforest
- Ride horseback to the La Fortuna Waterfall and take a dip in the pristine river
- Hike one, or all, of the many jungle trails for picturesque views of the Costa Rican landscape
- Feeling adventurous? Go Tropical Canyoning, an exhilarating combination of hiking, rock climbing and rappelling
- Wander through Manual Antonio National Park and be amazed at all the wildlife you are sure to come across, ranging from sloths to snakes
- Wake before sunrise for a day break bird watching tour
- Marvel at the picture-perfect Arenal Volcano
- Keep a diary of the 2000 spectacular butterfly species you are likely to see on your journeys
- Feast on tropical fruits and handmade tortillas, key ingredients of Costa Rican cuisine
- Worship the sun on one of the many beautiful beaches along Costa Rica’s South coast
Grano de Oro Hotel, San José
Deluxe Room | B&B Basis | 2 nights
A heritage hotel located in a residential neighbourhood of the capital, Grano de Oro oozes comfort and sophistication. Blending history with modern luxury, the hotel is housed in a Victorian mansion just minutes away from the best restaurants and museums in San José. Its patios are adorned with lush flower arrangements and elegant fountains, whilst the walls inside are graced with retro photos of the capital. It is a haven of peace in which to unwind within the busy city.
Pacuare Lodge, Santa Marta
Standard Room | B&B Basis | 3 nights
This eco-friendly lodge celebrates nature as well as protecting it. With solar panel powered heated water and prohibition of plastic bottles, the Pacuare Lodge has been praised for its environmental care philosophy. Embrace the casual jungle life, and spend your time in flip-flops, no heels required, whilst you sip on local beers or something from the extensive wine list. It is no surprise this hotel has made it on to the National Geographic’s list of Unique Lodges of the World.
Arenal Nayara, Arenal
Rainforest Villa | B&B Basis | 2 nights
The Arenal Nayara is a haven of peace and tranquility, nestled deep into the jungle. Luxury meets nature at this unique escape that has multiple accolades to its name. Stunning views of the volcano, delicious culinary delights and an open-air spa are what you can expect during your stay at this resort. Take a yoga class surrounded by glistening, emerald trees or simply lounge by the pool and take in the beautiful environment.
Arenas del Mar, Manuel Antonio
Ocean Breeze Superior Room | B&B Basis | 3 nights
Set upon a cliff top, Arenas del Mar is a luxurious sanctuary with its own 11-acre private rainforest. An eco-retreat with all the modern conveniences you need, yet still keeping nature at its heart. Become accustomed to the sounds of the ocean waking you every morning and say good morning to the iguanas that lounge by the pool. Enjoy an hour in your private Jacuzzi whilst staring out into the ocean, before heading down to the open-air restaurant for a memorable dinner.
*Price shown does not include flights