10 nights/11 days itinerary in
Searching for Snow Leopards
for 2 adults
The Himalayan landscape is some of the most unexplored terrain on our planet. This untouched hostile wilderness allows for some of the most diverse and elusive wildlife to thrive. Surviving up in the Himalayas is a feat of nature and on this expedition, you will see this in action as you search for rare wildlife. Only seen by the few, this is a journey like no other to spot the elusive snow leopards, Eurasian lynx and even the widest variety of bird life. Lose yourself here in an inhospitable landscape and be awestruck by how animals survive here.
- Appreciate the sublime views and hostile conditions of the Himalayan mountain ranges
- Trek through the various climates that you will encounter and find yourself acclimatising to altitudes that few get to visit
- Feel welcomed by the locals in Leh as you explore the local villages and understand how they cope with the altitudes
- Understand how volatile the weather is as pipes freeze from sub-zero temperatures and the snow transforms the land around you in hours
- With no phone connections feel truly disconnected from the modern world in the wilderness
- Join the Snow Leopard Conservancy for a glimpse into their conservation work to maintain the biodiversity of Central Asian Mountains
Holiday Inn, Aerocity
Superior Room | Bed & Breakfast | 2 Nights
Located conveniently next to New Delhi airport, the Holiday Inn Aerocity is a perfect overnight stay as your stopover in Delhi before you begin your adventure. As this will be your last chance to take advantage of Wi-Fi and mobile connectivity, spend your night here winding down and disconnecting before you head off into the mountains. The spacious, contemporary rooms make for a comfortable night’s sleep where you will begin and end your trip.
Deluxe Room | Full Board | 3 Nights
Even in the mountainous wilderness, luxury has taken root here to make acclimatising comfortable and indulgent. The magnificent Grand Dragon hotel is the only 5-star hotel in Leh & Ladakh. With uncompromising views of the surrounding mountains this is the perfect place to get your body adjusted to the altitude here. With beautiful traditional architecture, but the most modern amenities, you can spend your days appreciating your sublime surroundings as you dine at the hotel’s terrace bakery or the views of the peaks and valleys from your room.
Snow Leopard Lodge
Standard Room | Full Board | 5 nights
Your time at Snow Leopard Lodge will be the most exclusive part of your trip. Resting over 3500 metres above sea level, this lodge conveniently located in the wilderness, so you can spot wildlife in its natural habitat. Its cosy interiors provide a welcome retreat after days of tracking wildlife in the mountains, which greatly differ depending on the season. Either traverse dry mountain ridges or trek through dense snowy passes. Join the wildlife as you survive in this hostile terrain in the comfort of the Lodge.
*Price shown does not include flights