9 nights/10 days itinerary in Jamaica
Journey through Jamaica
for 2 adults
From mountain tops to coastal stops, prepare to embark on a journey through this tropical paradise. Combining culture with authentic luxury, you will stay in Jamaica’s finest boutique hotels and experience the wealth of untouched landscape that surrounds you. Beginning at 3,100ft above sea level, you will look out across the Blue Mountains as you sip on locally brewed coffee, whilst easing yourself into the laid-back Rastafarian lifestyle. The soft hum of the forest follows you through Jamaica as you drive down towards the lagoon-encircled coast and you find yourself at GoldenEye, eternalised by Ian Fleming’s writing cove. But Fleming’s novels are not the only place to find unbelievable scenes; Jamaica invites you to write your own cliffhanger as you spend your evenings dining by candlelight in caves carved into the western coast, or bobsledding through the Mystic Mountains, swimming amid ancient plantation ruins, or simply stretching out in the shade of the coconut trees.
- Stay at Strawberry Hill, a hidden post-plantation gem in the Blue Mountains
- Relax in the infinity pool overlooking the island after wandering through the serene gardens
- Hike through the Blue Mountains with a local guide and sample fresh Jamaican coffee
- Wind through mountains on your drive down to the golden Oracabessa coast
- Stay at GoldenEye where Ian Fleming created his legendary spy character, James Bond
- Rip, curl and dive through the crystal waters as you jet ski or snorkel with over 700 species of tropical fish
- Scale the Dunn River Waterfalls or relax on a private beach
- Visit the Pantrepant Organic Farm for a farm-to-table dinner, a horse-ride or a swim through old plantation ruins
- Bobsled down the Mystic Mountains in Negril
- Watch cliff divers as you sink your toes into white sand and dine above the sea at The Caves on the western coast
Bed & Breakfast Basis | 2 nights
Nestled atop the Blue Mountains, Strawberry Hill is an idyllic ‘village’ in the sky. Exuding post-colonial charm, each private cottage features a veranda and a panoramic view of the vibrant coffee-plantations and Jamaica’s bustling capital. This view can also be enjoyed in the infinity pool, during a sunrise yoga class, or as you sip rum punch on the candlelit deck. Named by the New York Times in “1000 Places to See Before You Die”, Strawberry Hill promises unparalleled natural beauty.
It’s not hard to see why Ian Fleming chose GoldenEye as his writing retreat. The rich forests, secluded beaches and crystal-clear waters make this location a Jamaican oasis. Settled next to the aptly named Snorkel Cove, GoldenEye’s coral reefs are busy with 700 species of tropical fish. Swim, snorkel or sail in glass-bottomed boats to see them face-to-face. Unsurprisingly, it is not just the reefs that GoldenEye is famed for; from their rooftop lounge to their rustic beach bar, the cocktails flow as freely as the ocean.
Embedded in the cliffs of the western coast, The Caves hotel is comprised of 12 rock-facing cottages. Each has a bespoke interior and is designed to serve as a home-away-from-home. As the sun rises, you will wander along the beach, dolphin watch, or slowly sink into a massage table. As the sun sets, you will listen to the waves crashing against the rocks and eat dinner in a private cove lit with a hundred candles.
*Price shown does not include flights