Containing some of the world’s most picturesque scenery, the South Island of New Zealand is a thrilling destination for any traveller. The varied landscapes and wide range of activities, from a scenic cross-country train ride, to cruising the Milford Sound, make for a diverse journey of unforgettable experiences, all contained within one island. Whether you prefer hiking in a glacier or relaxing in its surrounding hot pools, your 12-day journey on the South Island strikes a perfect balance, ideal for the active traveller and leisure enthusiast alike. In addition to the hiking, mountain biking, and cattle mustering in which you can certainly partake, you will also unwind at luxurious hotels, and spend time exploring the country’s sophisticated culinary culture.
Your 12-day journey will highlight the pristine natural landscapes and adventurous spirit of New Zealand’s South Island.
Get in touch
- Take a leisurely stroll through the parks in Christchurch, also known as New Zealand’s “Garden City”
- Sit back and relax as you travel from coast to coast by rail
- Enjoy the scenic drive from Greymouth to Hokitika
- Hike around the Franz Joseph Glacier for one of the most amazing outdoor experiences in New Zealand
- Relax in the glacier’s nearby hot pools, admiring the lush scenery around you
- Enjoy the impressive culinary offerings at Eichardt’s Private Hotel, your home in Queenstown
- Take a scenic flight over the Milford Sound for a unique perspective on this remarkable fjord
- Take an e-bike out for the day in the Mackenzie region, to explore the area on your own
- Visit with New Zealand’s famous blue penguins and experience them in their natural habitat
- Keep your eyes peeled for Hector’s dolphins, the smallest of their kind in the world, on a harbour cruise