Discover the true spirit of northern Norway as you explore the Lofoten and Vesterålen islands. Steeped in cultural tradition and framed by spectacular scenery, this region offers visitors a chance to discover authentic Scandinavia.
Small communities with big spirits make up the beautiful islands of these northern archipelagos. As you travel along the picturesque fishing villages of the Lofoten Islands, witness firsthand the traditions and practices that have sustained these hearty communities for centuries. Famed for its pristine peaks, protected bays and rugged coastlines, during your stay on the Vesterålen Islands, you’ll have the chance to witness the local wildlife residents in their natural environment.
Get in touch
- Spend a day in Bodø, an important Norwegian city, and take in its unique street art
- Take a trip to the National Norwegian Aviation Museum, the largest of its kind in Scandinavia
- Try one of Norway’s most famous foods, air-dried cod called stockfish
- Take in the iconic views of the rugged and majestic mountains surrounding the Lofoten Islands
- Visit a gallery in Stamsund, a port town known for its artistic spirit
- Add interesting historical context to your journey with a trip to the Lofotr Viking Museum
- Explore the museum of the famous “Coastal Express,” a cruise and ferry operator established in 1893
- Join a whale safari in the Vesterålen Islands – a must do in this region
- Take a guided tour of the Whale Museum in Andenes
- Drive through the charming villages and scenic landscape of Kvæfjord