3 nights/4 days itinerary in Sweden
for 2 adults
Stockholm is a water city and originally started as a port, dating back to 1200. It exists at the tip of an archipelago of some 30 000 islets and outcrops – some home to cottages and some just wildlife; this gives you a sense of how this city was built on water and the importance to its history. You will arrive and be privately transferred to your hotel to spend 3 nights and 4 days exploring. This capital of Sweden is built on 14 islands and has some 57 bridges crossing the waterways making for a captivating backdrop; surely one of the most attractive cities on the Baltic. Stockholm deserves it’s often cited unofficial of capital of cool with a beguiling mix of grand palaces with modern minimal design. It has a burgeoning restaurant and bar scene plus some great boutiques for fashion and interior design to explore; there is more than enough to keep you occupied with the city also being easy to navigate and explore. Soak up some Scandinavian cool in Stockholm with this chic mini break destination; design, architecture and fashion are at your fingertips.
- Explore the winding streets of Gamla Stan; this is the old town of Stockholm and is one of the most well preserved Medieval centres in Europe
- Take a trip to Ostermalm; on the one hand a lovely residential district – but also home to Stockholm’s highest concentration of nightclubs and some fantastic shopping and the food market at Ostermalmshallen
- Tour the huge Royal Palace; this occupies a huge chunk of the North East of Gamla Stan
- Find out more about Sweden’s most famous musical export and take a trip to Abba museum
- Jump on a ferry and go further afield by taking a trip to Djurgarden – this green island boasts several museums as well as wide, pretty open spaces
- Stockholm is fantastic for both walking and cycling; if you visit in the summer months get active and hire a bicycle to navigate around the city
Nobis Hotel, Stockholm
Small room | Including breakfast, room upgrade on arrival and early check in/late check out (*subject to availability) | 3 nights
Located in Ostermalm the Nobis is well located for shopping as well as a tram and metro stop. The exterior is grand comprising of two buildings from the 19th Century whilst this contrast nicely with the Scandinavian minimalist chic of the interiors with rooms decorated in muted tones of blue, purple and grey with some original wooden features kept for contrast. The hotel boasts two Italian restaurants plus a bar, Gold which is a great spot for a cocktail.
*Price shown does not include flights