6 nights / 7 days in Manitoba, Canada itinerary in Alaska
Polar Bear Express
for 2 adults
As the waters freeze over and the nights draw in, you watch the polar bears begin to gather in the quaint town of Churchill, Manitoba. Each year a natural phenomenon occurs in October and November on the farthest edge of Manitoba. As the Northern Lights break through the sky and the snow falls gently to the ground, polar bears from far and wide find themselves wandering across the tundra plateau towards Hudson Bay, ready to begin their annual hunt on the frozen ocean. Your adventures in Manitoba will bring you into intimate proximity with the bears, you will walk alongside them, you will watch them wander through the grounds of your hotel and you will learn about their history in fascinating slideshow presentations. With a trip centred around polar bears, you will also experience a plethora of other Arctic species such as moose, snow geese, Arctic hare and majestic caribou, as you walk or fly through the snow. Each evening will be spent warming your toes by the fire, listening to folk tales or watching the northern lights glow above you in soothing ripples.
- Stay in your own secluded hideaway at the Dymond Lake Ecolodge, only accessible by fixed-wing aircraft
- Soar through the sky on your private transfer and see the breath-taking sights of the Churchill River and rugged Hudson Bay coastline from above whilst watching for polar bears, snowy owls, moose, and caribou
- Set off on a guided hike and scale along the icy Hudson Bay which is fed by the Atlantic Ocean
- Learn more about the abundance of wildlife that inhabits Manitoba with detailed and fascinating slideshow presen-tations from your guides
- Marvel at the northern lights as the Aurora Borealis break through the night’s sky
- Listen to folk tales and local legends told by your hosts as you enjoy a delicious full coursed supper
- Watch for the ‘Great Ice Bears’ that may wander nonchalantly through your hotel as you relax in the warmth of your fire-lit lodge
- Led by expert guides that know how to keep polar bears to a safe distance, you will embark on daily walking tours through the crisp snow
- Seize the opportunity to zip through the country on a dog sledge or a helicopter in an afternoon filled with adventure
- raverse across the tundra in your monster ice-gripping ‘tundra vehicle’ as you head to have lunch with the polar bears on a full-day excursion
The Grand Winnipeg Airport Hotel by Lakeview
Double room | 2 nights
Located near to Winnipeg airport, this hotel offers a sleek and modern take on Canadian comfort. The Grand provides the perfect pit-stop to refresh and rejuvenate after a long day of travelling with plush beds and lavish interiors. The award-winning restaurant onsite boasts 150 varieties of wine and a delectable menu based on sustainable local pro-duce, meaning that your evenings at The Grand will be both wholesome and nourishing.
Dymond Lake Ecolodge
Double room | 3 nights
As the population of Churchill begins to swell for the polar bear watching season, you are invited to avoid the crowds and nestle into your own secluded lodge 15 minutes flight from the town. Surrounded by thick snow and glowing with welcoming warmth, Dymond Ecolodge is the perfect place to spot the ‘Great Ice Bears’. With an impressive viewing tower and wide picture windows that maximise views of the tundra, you are invited to recline by the fire whilst watching polar bears amble by.
*Price shown does not include flights